Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am again needing to pick your brain! lol
Sadly, Nightmare Manor is no more :( However we have an old barn that we are planning to decorate and party in. It is in need of a name... any suggestions??

Also and this is kinda off topic but I was thinking about using a bucky
in my dune buggy at a local cruise in car show. Its a 1971 VW buggy and I
was thinking of dressing him like a hippie. I think it would get some
attention and the kids would get a kick out of it. What do you think??
Opinions? Suggestions? Ideas?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here I am again needing to pick your brain! lol
Sadly, Nightmare Manor is no more :( However we have an old barn that we are planning to decorate and party in. It is in need of a name... any suggestions??

Also and this is kinda off topic but I was thinking about using a bucky
in my dune buggy at a local cruise in car show. Its a 1971 VW buggy and I
was thinking of dressing him like a hippie. I think it would get some
attention and the kids would get a kick out of it. What do you think??
Opinions? Suggestions? Ideas?

How about...The Shack! duh, duh, duhhhhhh... (the best I could come up with on only 5 hours sleep - sorry)
I really, really, really, like your buggy (steering wheel is on the wrong side though):D. I have always wanted one. I almost bought one years ago, but I got my bike instead.
In regards to the questions about the bucky, I say, "Why not"?

Finn

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just a couple of name ideas: The Haunted Old Mill, Stable of Screams?, ScreamShack, Blood Barn, that is about all I can come up with for now:D

Btw, what an awesome barn, perfect for haunting!!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
The barn picture looks great. The trees and the open land give it a strandded felling. It sort of reminds me of the place from the Ring and Sleepy Hallow.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Oh, like the Slaughter Mill name. I was thinking of the name "Slaughterhouse", Plus that buggy is begging for a Bucky hippie! I think it would be great. Be sure he's wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG!!! thats it!! Terra you hit the nail on the head!! Grateful Dead is perfect!! My cousin and I were trying to think of something that would tie together hippie and skelly... grateful dead!! its brilliant!! thank you!

Great ideas!! I like names including 'hill' the barn is on a big hill, you have to look up at it as your coming up the driveway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Widows Hill" kinda popped in me noggin'. Could be dual purpose...Either haunted by the soul of the witch that was hung on the property, or over-run by hundreds of spiders........

·
Registered
325 Posts
It is in need of a name... any suggestions??
Here are some suggestions for the name of your haunted barn attraction.
I have been assured these are all excellent names, and though you might be tempted to pick more than one - Don't. Having two or more names for your haunt would just be confusing for your target audience. Pick your favorite and go with it and no regrets. Halloween is not a time for regrets - that is what Christmas is for.

Barn on Madness Meadow (though it looks like the barn is more on a hill than a meadow, you could still use this name as it would be disorienting and therefore more terrifying.)

Stone Cold Barn and Various Frightening Outbuildings (several people I have talked to really liked this one, and were kind enough to tell me so. thanks guys!)

Toxic Barn 2009 (simple yet greatly effective. I had shivers as I thought this one up. The inclusion of the "2009" makes it seem more timely and relevant than it actually is.)

Barn of Nasty Jumping Mutations (don't use this one unless your mutations actually do a great deal of jumping - I am telling you this from experience.)

Old McDonald's Farm of Deathly Delights and Such. (this one has a lot of power - you couldn't go wrong with this one.)

Satan's Barn of Toxic Mutants and Demented Clowns, Inc. (a personal favorite, but I've never been able to use it because the clowns in my haunt are not demented, they are completely sane... it's the mutants who are demented.)

Fear Barn "The Barn is Real - And so is The Fear!" (Simple and utterly devastating.)

Barn of Deathly Beauty (there is something wonderfully menacing and poetic about this one, don't you agree?)

Clown Barn (if you insist upon going with a scary clown theme this year this would be the one to pick... some people might say, "What are clowns doing in a barn; shouldn't they be in a big-top canvas tent enclosure?" just look at them like they are stupid for even mentioning it and then just tell them that a big wind came and blew the tent away, or that an elephant knocked over a lantern and the circus tent burned and all the clowns ran into the barn.)

There ya go. Enjoy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much they are all wonderful and creative ideas... I gotta admit
that 'Widow Hill' has a ring to it that I just love. I made a widow last yr and got
many compliments on her. I can imagine a fenced graveyard, coffin, grave stones
& my widow on the hill just beside the barn. Light it up in a creepy way and it would
look KILLER from the drive coming up the hill. I had a spider room last yr. I invested
in a web shooter and LOTS of spiders. Decorating the barn in spiders would go
along with 'widow', spiders and barns just kinda go together anyway. The icing
on the cake is that I already have the stuff to do a "Widow Hill" theme. That would
leave me more time and $ to focus on party stuff.
Thank you Mad Mike, you've made my day :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just a couple of name ideas: The Haunted Old Mill, Stable of Screams?, ScreamShack, Blood Barn, that is about all I can come up with for now:D

Btw, what an awesome barn, perfect for haunting!!
I second the Haunted Old Mill. It was by far one one of the best haunts in Utah back in the day. Or Shadows Inn. And a wicked big yes on the Bucky.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could do a full haunt again this yr, the barn would be fun to haunt. For now Im just having a party for some teens, that may change later, but thats the plan for now

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I really, really, really, like your buggy (steering wheel is on the wrong side though):D.

Finn
My dear sir, may I assure you that the steering wheel is indeed on the correct side......just not the side you're used to.:D:D:p

I love that barn...what I wouldn't give to have something like that to haunt.

You could make up a whole story around it..."The legend of the Bloody Barn" or something along those lines, to set the scene.
"The old bloody barn??....Nobody ever goes up there....Thats where it happened, and some folks round these parts say....etc etc.." you get the picture.

Perched on top of the hill as it is, it would look absolutely awesome lit from below.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My dear sir, may I assure you that the steering wheel is indeed on the correct side......just not the side you're used to.:D:D:p

QUOTE]

I guess you're right...it is on the correct side...if you drive on the wrong side of the road.:D

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I have no name suggestions, as I am not that creative with words, but I just gotta tell ya, that property is screeeeeeeeeeming for a cornfield! That barn is the perfect backdrop for some seriously demonic scarecrows. Love it!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG! You are totally right! A small corn maze would be great.... hmmm Ive never grown corn before and I dont really have a green thumb.... wonder how hard it would be??

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
Well, corn's not hard at all, but you'ld need to get rid of all that grass first. THAT would be problematic.

A whole 'he who walks behind the rows" thing would fit in quite well there, however.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts