Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now we have winds blowing 35mph gusts up to 50.....dam it!
I have 4 zombies down. all my black sheeting is blowing all over the place. One of my walls for my chop shop has loosened...this sucks!
Now I have to rebuild tomorrow. Better weather the rest of the way....but this puts me well behind!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Bismarck ND. We always get that one bad wind storm, before Halloween but this may be one of the worst. Last year it came on Oct. 30, blew apart our pvc built clown room. This year we got smarter, we built everything out of pallets. The buildings are standing, except for one wall in the chop shop. But all the interior is being blown. I saved all my tombstones brought them in before anything happened. Same with the heads, but the bodies........

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, we got hammered by the wind last night too, I've got two tombstones broken, and my FCG broke too, a couple of days in repairs at least, and another day to finish the set up, I should finish just before Halloween.

New England weather sucks.:eek:

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Ugh, we're right there with ya! Half my tombstones blew into the neighbors yard, and my hanging icile "Happy Halloween" lights are up over the roof. Gah, and we've got a freeze warning overnight - just hope the rest will hold 'til tomorrow.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Just dragged all my tombstones in, and put my large coffin on its side! Hope my ghosts in the tree hold out! Darn Indiana weather!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I hear ya, scorpio! I'm in Illinois and the winds here today were just sick!

I only had 3 tombstones fly off their stakes (the cemetary fence stopped them from going too far) ... but two sections of my fence were on the verge of going down. I had to go out there and rope them to corkscrew stakes just to keep them upright. All 4 of my 1/2 coffins blew over. My 2 FCG-ish static ghosts are wrapped completely around the tree branches they're hanging in. My Grim Reaper bought it this afternoon -- I had him chained to a brick post and he still went down; his neck is broken, as well as his PVC shoulders. Hopefully things will start to calm down soon. And I'll have to do a full damage assessment tomorrow morning.

*sigh*

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Scorpio!! Im with ya buddy! Leonard ND reporting in with 55mph...bastard wind! Dig this....my crypt doors actually torn off their hinges for godssake! Just retarded...you gonna make the trip to Leonard? North Dakota winds man...I'm an east coast kid originally...never seen anything like this before moving here...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm right there with ya, the weather was insane here today!!! Huge winds, and some kind of sleet hail storm!!!! We've already been out 4 times today trying to salvage things. Judging is tommorrow ao I hope we can get EVERYTHING back together in the morning!! Wish us luck we'll need it! Fences to put back up and everything!! YUKK!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
It never seems to fail that we get a day or two of significant winds the week of Halloween. I feel your pain, really do. I live in Western New York and to start we had a soaking rain storm all day on Saturday. Then today the winds picked up. Gusts over 35mph have been recorded, some closing in on 50mps. I don't know how the decorations are holding up, because I decorate at my parents house in the town next door. I know that every year we get this wind and I end up spending a half a day fixing and re-setting everything up.
Best of luck with the rest of the week....

·
Registered
49 Posts
The wind is here now... It's 20-30 mph! Its blowing in a cold front and is supposed to be 33 F. tomorrow night. We have a freeze watch for tomorrow night. I live in Mississippi, this is too weird!!!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
And here I'm complaining about getting rain on Halloween and you guys are getting blown off the map. I hope everyone will be able to repair what has been broken before the big day.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
My stuff stayed put with the strong winds we had in IN but one stone in my cemetery was a'rockin' all day. It was a great effect...like there was a zombie trying to dig his way up and the knocking noise it made was perfect. Too bad no one saw it :(

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Just got the wind today. And we are going to get more the day of Halloween. The forecast calls for gusty wind. I hope they are wrong but we'll see.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,846 Posts
Got wind damage this morning. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
A cold snap (yeah, sure... 60s is cold here :rolleyes:) came through over night and we were having gusts of 35-40 mph winds. My skelly on the roof peak got flipped on top of the roof and is now stuck, several tombstones messed up and worst of all my crypt was damaged.:(

My crypt got its roof torn off and it split into two pieces. I already had to remake the column tops due to rain, so now I get to try to stick the roof back together and hope it holds. I do NOT want to have to rebuild it, so I just hope the glue and bracing I do with it holds.

I may wait next year to put stuff out a week before IF the weather is going to be okay.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Windy here today, more tomorrow is the forecast. That held me up from putting out the cemetery today like I had planned. At least no rain the rest of the week. You guys hang in there!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts