Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in making a variety of motion options with a wiper blade motor. These could be used to animate individual props or multiple props. Below are some explorations. Does anyone have directions on how to make mechs to achieve different motions?

Ive seen a couple here but am looking for more. Especially ways to get multiple motions out of one motor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have any video on this. Actually when I made this prop for Christmas many moons ago. Videos weren't very common yet. What I had done was have a full sized Santa's sleigh on my front porch. I built what I called "Elfred" one of Santa's elves. He was my first venture into animating a figure. He held a wrapped Christmas present between both hands. His arms went up like he was loading/unloading the sleigh. As his arms went up his head turned to one side & back. I used an up & down link to a wheel inside his body. It connected to a lever in the cross shaft at his shoulders that rotated his arms up. But the head worked off a wedge on the up & down shaft. That contacted a rod in his neck pivoting the shaft shaft. A spring took care of the return to center of the head. Worked perfectly on one single motor. Done with wood dowels & PVC pipe & fittings inside a fiberglass body shell I made. Today I'd probably use aluminum rods instead of dowels (less friction). Clear as mud? LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts