Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been kicking this idea around in my head, but not quite sure how to create the proper look. Here is the premise of the prop and some background info.

I setup a haunted classroom for the local elementary using the standard maze layout with pvc and sheeting. This year, while the tots are traversing the maze, I want to have a "walk the plank" area. Which visually would look something like the picture below, but for safety reasons I will lay the plank on the floor as oppose to it being off the floor. What I envision, is a narrow passage-way with rubber nails all around the plank and if possible the rubber nails will also protrude from the side walls. That way, the tots will have to walk on the plank or fear losing a limb.

My question, has anyone ever created realistic looking rubber nails? Please share or help??? What material was used for the nails........or any suggestions?

So to summarize, I want the tots to walk on a plank, while being scared, in costume, and in somewhat darkness. What could possibly go wrong?

plank.jpg rusty nails.jpg

Lovely Day....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Low tech solution: straws with Play-Do tips painted to look loke nails. High tech solution: Make a 3D mold from real nails and silicone, then use a castable material (like a softer silicone with a release agent, of course).

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,770 Posts
Would you consider razor or barb wire instead of nails? Both can be bought at Halloween seasonal stores and if you do a google search there's lots of tutorials on how to make barb wire with string, elastics, and paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts