Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main focus of my small garage haunt this year will be a dangling crank spider. I have some kids who want to be in the haunt to add some scares. I was thinking of having one lay under the spider dressed up in a costume, looking fake, then jumping up as people passed scaring them. Thanks to some suggestions I received, I am now thinking of making a cocoon to put them in. My conception is to have the kid lay on the floor under the spider and making a large spiderweb cocoon to put on top of them. When people walked by, they wouldn't see anyone there because the kid would be covered by the cocoon. The kid would jump out of the coccon when they walked by and give the people a good scare.

I was thinking of making a frame for the cocoon out of wood or PVC pipe with a lot of screws sticking out to attach spiderweb to. Then I would put a lot of spiderwebs all over the frame so you couldn't see through it. The only problem is the popping up part. I would like to have the kid jump up and pop up through the spiderweb in the center. Obviously that would tear the spiderweb up after the first time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
i posted this in a different spider coccoon thread...might be helpful :) If they dont have to pop out of the top of it that is...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you could use tulle or fabric to make a sort of pod.

you could use two wire hangers wrapped around each other in a circle for the top and a hoola hoop, we have them oat the dollar tree, for the bottom.

then use some wide strips of fabric or white plastic, maybe table cloths. and tie them at the ends on the hanger down to the hoola hoop to make a pod..then wrap that with spider webbing like mad!!

the human can be wrapped up a bit too in webbing and pop out waving his arm moaning for help..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give me a little time, LOL. I've been in the garage all night fighting with PVC pipe getting my haunt set up.

I think it is a good idea. I'm not sure if it would work in my limited space. I'm tight on room so the kid will have to be directly under the spider. That means he will have to be laying down and there's only enough room for him to sit up to create the scare. Thats why I was looking for some way to "pop" through.

I may just build a sort of spiderweb covered box with a hinged top and have him push the top up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts