Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making these little skeleton fairies and I need help with a back story.

I was thinking along the lines that they are from a dark Forrest or are fairies of the underworld something like that.

What I need is for somebody to come up with a good story about their origin and so forth.

For helping me with this project if I use your story line I will make and send you one of the little guys.

I know it's not much but It's all I can offer at this time.:D

·
Registered
462 Posts
There should be a curse involved to explain there current appearance.
They used to be magical happy creatures that protected the dreams of slumbering children from the nightmare goblins. The goblins couldn't stand the sound of song, so the fairies would sing beautiful songs all night long to keep away the goblins and weave happiness into the dreams of the children. It was an ongoing nightly war between the goblins and fairies until a deal was made between the goblins and the underworld soul catchers who were known for casting various curses on those who lived above for having banished the catchers to the underworld forever. The goblins agreed that they would help the soul catchers find a way to get loose so they could once again roam the earth where they stand by dying humans, catch their souls at the moment of death, prevent them ascending to the next world and keeping them here as ghosts so they can feed off their anger. The soul catchers in turn must free the goblins from their nightly battle by casting a curse of the fairies. They decided to cast the curse of everlasting death. They started to die, but there souls would remain bound to their bodies forever making them living corpses. They would thirst and hunger, but food and water no longer nourished them. Horrified with the way they now look, the whole race quickly went insane. They started ripping the hair from their heads and chewing off the remaining flesh from their bones. They can no longer sing to ward off the goblins and protect children, the only sounds they can make are screams or horror and torment.
Late at night when the moon is full, you can sometimes hear their cries in the howling of the wind.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,623 Posts
OOoo ok, Ill try;

An evil Queen wanted loyal servents and thought that capturing fairies buds for the base models was a good start.
With these buds she would perform dark and beautifully abhorrent magics upon the captured fairy blossoms.

She would allow them birth, and then torture them with unspeakable acts. After the inevitably painful deaths,
she would perform further sadistic magics upon the resulting spirit buds.

Over and over, the cycle of birth, torment and death continued, thus molding them into something new -
something superior. Loyal servents to the dark Queen to the ends of their pitiful lives.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree Madame Turlock...Great job both of you. I will leave this open for a few more days then I will decide or do you think it right to let the members of the forum vote?

Do you think Larry would mind me doing an unofficial contest?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Little voices

The skellie fairies have existed since the beginning of time. They are the whisperer on the shoulder of decision. They offer all that is good and all that is evil. They offer pleasure and pain. They are happiness and despair. They live and die with one purpose. To invisibly and silently flit about in our presence while they offer suggestions good and bad in our ever eager ears.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Some cultures believe fairies are angels cast out of Heaven. Some fell into the sea and some onto the land where they do no harm if left alone.

The earth bound fairies, skilled in building and magic, went underground to live in the tombs and mounds they had built.

In time their grave-like home changed them. Being depraved from sunlight, they became deformed. Their once beautiful skin and hair dried out and fell off. Their butterfly-like wings became brittle and and wispy.

If you walk near a cemetary at night, you can almost hear soft rustling sounds near older graves.

And don't worry about those fluttering sounds near your head. Like the cultures said, they will not harm you if you leave them alone......................

·
Registered
293 Posts
Voodoo,

You made them, they are in your mind. YOU are the only one who can make them "come to life". ( I would also think about how you promised that you would not make anymore props!)

The skelly fairies are from your head, your head will be the only one to give the back story. You think it up, you know the story.

What were you thinking when you came up with the idea??????? That is your story.

E

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theedwin...for some reason my mind doesn't work that way:).

I can see what I want to make but Have no clue of a underlying story. Kind of like I know where I want to go but don't know how to get there.

Everyone that has responded is doing a wonderful job...I could never think of a story like that.

As far as the making no more props...I can't make any new ones till after the first of the year. This is kind of my way of getting around that. I wouldn't be able to use these in my haunt so technically there not props. Besides if I didn't make something I would go CRAZY.:D

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
These are the material remains of dark fairies who, being distracted by their nefarious acts against Mankind, Nature, and each other, were surprised by the dawn and petrified by the light of the rising sun. They are forever frozen in the midst of whatever act they were committing when sunrise took them and as their magic is disappated only their bones are left. So few examples are known [Voodoo Willy having the only collection at this time] because the remains are fragile like shed snake skins or the empty carapaces of insects and are quickly destroyed by weather and small animals.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Voodoo Willy I am prepared to answer a question you asked earlier about how to choose a story. Should forum members pick? I'll be out of town or sick that week! I feel it coming on now. I couldn't possibly make a choice between these stories. This place is full of such fertile minds (that word came to mind because I just read a post from Jackie Lantern...due Feb. 17). I was impressed with the use of "nefarious acts" in the last story. However, I would have to decline on rating this story because of a conflict of interest....there is an existing affiliation as friends. So I would have to declare in advance of the vote and recuse myself.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Holy @#$% are you guys just coming up with these stories right off the top of your head??? My lord you are some very talented and creative people. I love all the stories. I have to say Voodoo, I am like you, I can think of what to make and see how I want it to look but I would have no idea about a story to go with it. I think you have a great start here if not exactly what you are looking for. Good luck darling and might I say I am very glad i dont have to choose between these stories:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know...right....the creativity of the forum members are incredible.

I love all the stories so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe you could add a little science to the story: Plague of the Fairies. The fairie's favorite drink (the dewdrops off of a certain "fungus") had been wrought with Serratia plymuthica or something not yet identified. The bacteria ate away at the fungus that the fairies had injested as well as their delicate flesh and innards. In search of a cure they encounter a different kind of evil: earth. This evil eats away at the good in their little souls; some more than others. Only a handful, whlie still skeletal, are unaffected by this new strange phenomenon. Their only hope is a scientist who has the formula for a cure but doesn't believe in fairies or magic!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Back story

I have been making these little skeleton fairies and I need help with a back story.
When it comes to Faeries - their appearance and temperament- the three most important things to remember are: Location, location, location. It truly defines who they are.

For example:

Faeries of the Frozen North are known for being flinty and taciturn, yet physically fragile and prone to easily shatter. Their legs invariably taper down to ice skate-like points sharp enough to cut glass.

Tropical Faeries are fat and brilliantly colored, rivaling the neon painted parrots of the jungle-top.

Desert dwelling Faeries are stoic wanderers of the parched dunes, their wings adapted to trap the morning dew as they sleep. As they grow into old age, their collar bones fuse into perfect dowsing rods, making their elders a valuable resource.

Voodoo Willy’s Faeries are tied to an even more specific locational niche than any of these others. Called “Cemefaeries,” or, more informally, “moss nibblers,” these tiny creatures inhabit lonesome graveyards, ancient abandoned battlefields, crypts, ossuaries and rustic churchyards.

Having the appearance of leathery, aged corpses and a solemn, mournful appearance, they are actually a quite cheerful variety of Faierie, who take great pride and satisfaction in their labors.

Having a dark romantic sensibility, Cemefaeries encourage the weathering and staining of headstones - on occasion artfully cracking the facade of a marble-faced mausoleum; or chipping the corner of a granite obelisk.

Preferring their boneyards overgrown and exquisitely unkempt, Cemefaeries have been known to tinker with rider mowers and leaf blowers, keeping then out of service for months at a time.

But it’s not all groundskeeping for these little guys. Cemefaeries regularly visit the graves of the forgotten, leaving wild flowers and candy wrappers (for unknown reasons). Sometimes, standing over the graves, they mumble solemn gibberish, doing their best to mimic the prayers of humans, all in an attempt to comfort the dreams of those slumbering in the soil beneath them.

The appellation “moss nibbler” is a misnomer, as Cemefaeries do not actually eat moss, but excrete it as a fine mist which latches onto stonework and bark and such, from there taking on a life of its own. If you should see a cemetery with a great deal of moss be assured a healthy colony of Cemefaeries are in residence therein.

·
Registered
591 Posts
When it comes to Faeries - their appearance and temperament- the three most important things to remember are: Location, location, location. It truly defines who they are.

For example:

Faeries of the Frozen North are known for being flinty and taciturn, yet physically fragile and prone to easily shatter. Their legs invariably taper down to ice skate-like points sharp enough to cut glass.

Tropical Faeries are fat and brilliantly colored, rivaling the neon painted parrots of the jungle-top.

Desert dwelling Faeries are stoic wanderers of the parched dunes, their wings adapted to trap the morning dew as they sleep. As they grow into old age, their collar bones fuse into perfect dowsing rods, making their elders a valuable resource.

Voodoo Willy’s Faeries are tied to an even more specific locational niche than any of these others. Called “Cemefaeries,” or, more informally, “moss nibblers,” these tiny creatures inhabit lonesome graveyards, ancient abandoned battlefields, crypts, ossuaries and rustic churchyards.

Having the appearance of leathery, aged corpses and a solemn, mournful appearance, they are actually a quite cheerful variety of Faierie, who take great pride and satisfaction in their labors.

Having a dark romantic sensibility, Cemefaeries encourage the weathering and staining of headstones - on occasion artfully cracking the facade of a marble-faced mausoleum; or chipping the corner of a granite obelisk.

Preferring their boneyards overgrown and exquisitely unkempt, Cemefaeries have been known to tinker with rider mowers and leaf blowers, keeping then out of service for months at a time.

But it’s not all groundskeeping for these little guys. Cemefaeries regularly visit the graves of the forgotten, leaving wild flowers and candy wrappers (for unknown reasons). Sometimes, standing over the graves, they mumble solemn gibberish, doing their best to mimic the prayers of humans, all in an attempt to comfort the dreams of those slumbering in the soil beneath them.

The appellation “moss nibbler” is a misnomer, as Cemefaeries do not actually eat moss, but excrete it as a fine mist which latches onto stonework and bark and such, from there taking on a life of its own. If you should see a cemetery with a great deal of moss be assured a healthy colony of Cemefaeries are in residence therein.
And become encased it the tears of the survivors.Hence the clear enclosure around them.And at certain time of year the fairies gather on ...trees and molt their wings and if your in the right spot at the right time you can see the wings of these fairies fall to the ground to return to the earth from wince they came.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I like Octoberists so far.

:):):DI like Octoberists concept of fairies from different regions having different characteristics. Labeling Voodoo's fairies as Cemefairies is really good. It opens the door for the whole theme approach. The little stinkers messing with leafblowers and lawnmowers sold me.

They are like all other fairies, except they limit there scenanigans to the more morbid realm.

I like all the stories. Mine was a bit more philisophical. But the concept of these little guys doing mischief and perhaps on occasion good deeds really gives them character.

I applaud all the very creative people who are helping Voodoo give his unique gift life and depth.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts