Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to go with a wedding theme, due to our original theme being too time consuming/budget busting to do properly. Looking for suggestions on seating for the wedding guests - something that won't cost a ton and is waterproof. If the wedding is in a graveyard, they could sit on tombstones, but then you couldn't see the actual figures very well, as the tombstones would block them.

My husband suggested having everyone stand, like when the bride starts to come down the aisle. But I think standing might block some of the background things going on, like our skeleton piano player/organist.

As for materials on hand, I have the big value pack diaper boxes. If I could cover them with something to waterproof, that might be an inexpensive option.

Interested in what others think would be a solution...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll second Eerie's suggestion of hay bales. You could also just use the bales to support wooden planks. That way you would have a solid surface for the skellies to sit on, which would allow you to drill/hammer/clamp/etc to keep your wedding guests from wandering out during the ceremony.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You could buy or find a couple of thrifted chairs & stick them at the beginning of the chair row & end of the row. Then connect them all with a narrow piece of plywood that you tightly wrap in white dollar store shower curtain liners & staple on. So it's like a long bench of seating and sort of like a pew with no back. You can always use rebar into the ground to ziptie skelly's to if they have trouble sitting up.

Sort of a bench like this, but longer ~

http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2-chairs-plus-1-benchfailure/

You could also do something similar but with tree stumps - put a tree stump on each end & lay wood planks across as seating.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366832332120633142/

I think this is such a fun scene idea! Can't wait to see what you do!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Another thought but I don't know how it would look exactly: Could you just pose them with stuff wire, and somehow (PVC? Rebar?) have a hard-to-see support under them so it looks like they're sitting on nothing at all?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about hay bales, but they are so expensive around here. I like the stump idea, if I could find enough stump remnants.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you might be able to seal the boxes with a good house primer like glidens gripper and then put a nice coat of monster mud on them and if you have any spare paint seal it again. that should work for a while. not sure how long though. monster mud doesnt cost a whole lot. probably get away with $20 or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about going to Lowes of Homedepot and buy some cheap wood or even ask if they have any scrap wood pieces you could take. Then make a few benches. You could make them as low as you wanted them to be so they wouldn't obstruct any views. Also, if you go to Ikea, (if you have one) in their 'AS-IS' section, they have tons of CHEAP old cabinet doors, basic doors and just random furniture pieces. You could get creative and use them to make benches. I found a really nice dark wood door for $7 there. Took it home and added some brackets and support and now we have a beautiful VERY CHEAP king size headboard. I'm going to go there soon to see what I can use for my pirate ship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts