Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I was wondering if someone could help me figure a way for Pepper's Ghost to appear on my roof. Any and all suggestions would be grateful! I've also included a pic of the front of my house (taken during Hurricane Irene so please forgive the water) so you could see where I'd like to put the ghost - on top of the covered porch!

314069_2321759364362_1260912168_32756265_1599259444_n.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hmmmm interesting idea. Since you need a large sheet of glass for the reflection I would change that to a large sheet of plexy, the last thing you want is it to rain shards of broken glass on ToTs during a gust of wind! Plus it would be hard to see the reflection because it would be way up high. Too much risk, very little gain. You would probably be better off putting it in your living room since you have that gorgeous picture window, then distribute candy from the right so ToTs walk past it. That would be much safer and they would get a great look at your ghost! If you wanted something on the roof you could do a static prop or one of those rising ghost props they came out with over the last few years. Sure, it's not transparent, but it would be safer for the roof.

If you were especially ambitious you could add a Flying Crank Ghost to the left side of the porch, the ToTs would be so jazzed by the FCG/Pepper-in-the-Window double threat they wouldn't notice a bare roof!

:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
That a hard one. 1st off I agree with frughoul, glass is out. (just my 2 cents.)
You would need some heavey duty frame work to hold a sheet of plexy big enough to see from the ground to the roof. And you would need a way to hide the "object" that you want to reflect. That's a lot of stuff on a roof. I think projection is the way to go. Maybe use a pvc frame with some lawn fabric as a screen and project from the ground or th lower part of the roof. Projectors can be expensive so it might not be an option. Just a thought.

PS I think it's a great idea, I want to do the same on my house but it would be to hard to see from the ground (I have a two floors to deal with.)

·
Registered
600 Posts
why not use a black sheet and project an image of the ghost on that. not really a peppers but it will be a ghost. I tried using a white sheet to project a ghost but that didnt work out to well. I used a black one and it worked out great. Just an idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts