Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm brand new here and could really use some ideas and guidance. Thanks to all the great resources here, there's no doubt I will have next years party planned out well ahead. Unfortunately, that's not the case for this year. Sadly, I can't put my finger on a theme. Here's my situation:

My garage will be the stage for a CSI-esque game in which a person (or team) go into a crime scene and investigate for a set amount of time. After everyone is done, they write up their best scenarios for what might have happened. Now, the idea is for the most clever (and funny) ideas. We have no set story for what happened, we just want to give them opportunities to be creative. I am planning on chalk or tape for the body outline and blood, as well as some flourescent paint to reflect when a blacklight is used. The area will probably cover up to 15 x 15. We'll also have a variety of possible "weapons" and clues of different sorts. I really need help coming up with weapons and clues, as well as placement of everything. Thanks a ton!

Now, for my house, I have about 700 sq. ft. to use, but not a whole ton of decorations, so I'm looking for coverage. I was thinking of some lighting effects (ceiling light of different colors), but still can't really put together a cohesive theme. I've informed everyone that in honor of our current financial situation, this year's costume contest would be "homemade costumes", so we could take some sort of Black Tuesday angle.

Anyway, sorry for the length and thanks in advance! I really look forward to ideas and also to contribute to others here.

BTW, if anyone lives in Southern Illinois, look me up ;).

·
Registered
151 Posts
The idea sounds great! There are numerous objects with what
you can kill a human being. Guns, pipes, poison (syringe),
pantyhose :D, iron wire, piano string (strangling), axe. And
of course you shouldn't forget the Dexter kind of blood trails.
I hope this helps even a bit.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
We did a similiar type of thing when we did our hard rot cafe theme. We had no set right or wrong story....we just set out clues and let them make up the story. The group that managed to tie in the most clues won.

Things you could do are....lipstick on a glass, a piece of cloth in a bush, matchbook cover, scrap of paper with a telephone number written on it, hard to find blood drops (perhaps it splattered on the wall or ceiling), footprints or shoe prints....etc Personally I wouldn't limit it to 15 x 15 area.

MsM

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can definitely help you out with this one. My murder mystery games company has a forensics game and I did Chrysler Egypt's forensic press trip this year, which included placing evidence all over Egypt for the media to find - everything from lifting and comparing prints to finding buried clues in the desert.

I think the bloodiest and most Halloween-esque type of murder would be blugeoning, so you get the blood splatters. But if you're using a black light, you can do it in a way that the "blood" is not visible without the light, but glows with the light (because the light will make any "blood splatter" look black and sort of uninteresting, but with glowing blood splatter, it looks really cool, as though luminol has been used to discover blood that has been washed away. Fortunately you don't need blood to make this happen - try planting your crime scene with petroleum jelly, club soda or laundry detergent. Play around with them ahead of time and see what looks best with your lighting and your black light.

How about some fake money, a deck of cards, a cell phone, a pair of binoculars, some feathers with dried blood on them, an ice pick, a pool ball, a red feather boa... just some random thoughts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Setting Up

Well, it's been a hell of a month (no pun intended)! I've finally got time to work on my plans for the crime scene (can't exactly convert my garage for a whole month). I'm definitely using some poker cards and monopoly money. This is sort of a nod to us always playing those games. I'm going to put out a few different possible weapons and plenty of blood. Chalk outline for the body (of course) and caution tape to make sure nobody walks into the room right into the evidence. Still looking around for good evidence.

Thanks so much all! I will make sure to take pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts