Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help with a non-talking Boris. He's been working perfectly through all my mods up until the last one which was the separation of the battery box from the skull.

First mod was a volume control and input socket as per the Wolfstone modification page - worked perfectly with an MP3 player via a 0.1uF capacitor.

Mounted him on an armature with a servo doing random head movement. Decided the servo was trying to move too much weight so decided to cut out the battery box. Did this carefully with a Dremel, spliced in some cables, checked continuity between the original power wiring (Blue =- 6V, Orange/Red = 3V and Black = Ground.

Now nothing!

Checked that power is going to the correct points on Boris's controller board, spliced the original mic back in and still nothing. Spliced the battery box back in, still nothing. A faint click when I turn him on and that's all.

Any suggestions please?

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
REcheck your wiring...if nothing, dump it and get a newer Boris if you can. If not, time to hack a Linberg or Bucky skull. Those old Wolfstone Bori have funky power wiring for sure. More hassle than it's worth in m opinion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked all of that including making sure that I have 6V and 3V where I should be getting it. I'll check again though and try with a new set of batteries.

I have read that they are temperamental but it's a pain as it was going so well.

From what I can see though it should be an easy mod to make it take a servo and I now have a Scary Terry board on order. I've tried a servo in there and the fit is OK - even seems to have an area for one although it needs a little modding.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts