Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

Basically I am looking for tips on how to make a website more horrible....

I can write my own coding etc...
But just looking for tips like getting a nice homepage pic good things to include etc...

Also I am looking for ideas of what to name my site.....I live in brighton, near the downs and sea.....ask me for questions if you want ideas on what to call my site...

So let me know about anything

Ruggerz

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
If youre looking for a free website, I would go with moonfruit.com. Its easy to use, uses flash or html, has hundreds of effects and images, etc. 'Brighton Frightens' comes to mind. My website's not done yet, but its in my signature if u wanna check it out. I say also try webs.com, 110mb.com. I think that a nice homepage and layout will keep people on your site. Pick a theme for a website: torture, classic, or just spooky.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Ruggerz,

Check out my web site. I built the whole thing in flash. I know it's not a SCARY web site, but it might give you some ideas.

Like any web site, you need to think about the interface first. How is the site organized, how many pages, how many links, what does each page cover, etc.

Then you can work with a unifying theme. There are tons of styles you can choose from. If you need graphics help, let me know.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got my start with website building with Free website, free hosting, free website builder - Make free websites with Webs.com (now called Free website, free hosting, free website builder - Make free websites with Webs.com)
They have templates avalible if you aren't savy with HTML or flash, but also give you the option to use those too.

As far as a name, since you live in Brighton, you could do something like "Brighton Cemetery" and put a big bloody "F" over top of the "B" so it reads "Frighton Cemetery"

Just an idea.
:).

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If youre looking for a free website, I would go with moonfruit.com. Its easy to use, uses flash or html, has hundreds of effects and images, etc. 'Brighton Frightens' comes to mind. My website's not done yet, but its in my signature if u wanna check it out. I say also try webs.com, 110mb.com. I think that a nice homepage and layout will keep people on your site. Pick a theme for a website: torture, classic, or just spooky.
I am interested in mooonfruit......

I take its free unless you want to have no adverts and own domain?...

Ruggerz

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my start with website building with Free website, free hosting, free website builder - Make free websites with Webs.com (now called Free website, free hosting, free website builder - Make free websites with Webs.com)
They have templates avalible if you aren't savy with HTML or flash, but also give you the option to use those too.

As far as a name, since you live in Brighton, you could do something like "Brighton Cemetery" and put a big bloody "F" over top of the "B" so it reads "Frighton Cemetery"

Just an idea.
:).
Ive used webs before, well it was called freewebs then....

I think so far i love moonfruit....

And so far i am really enjoying the names.... Check out this thread

Ruggerz

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I use piczo. It's free, it's 100% easy, (i'm not to good with site stuff but piczo has helped alot). You can cousomize it how ever you like, add videos, music and tons of pictures.

boulderhaunt (my site so you can kind of get an idea of how it works)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Oh and with pizo if you have enough people visit your site it will be add free. That's always good.

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
I am interested in mooonfruit......

I take its free unless you want to have no adverts and own domain?...

Ruggerz

It's free, but you can also buy your own domain. The free site has ads, but there is a loophole to get them less noticeable. All you have to do is set up a free Google Ads account, which then lets you customize the ads on the site, and make them as small as you want. I just made mine a small search box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts