Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Firstly, i'm new on this forum, so hi!

Secondly, can someone give me ideas/help. I am having a Halloween Party on Halloween (obviously) and on my property is a garage, this is NOT connected to the house, a really old, heap of a garage. It is due to be demolished on 4th November to make room in the garden, so i need to empty it before this date which means on Halloween i'll have an empty building to play about with.

My prediciment, i need reasons for people to go into the garage for a spookfest and i also need ridiculously cheap if not free ways to spice it up in there, ie, props, scarey things. Sadly i don't have the man power for actors to hide in the garage so it will be solely to walk around and get freaked.

The only idea so far i have is, i will be placing some fake severed limbs on a work bench with my saw and plenty of fake blood, also the wet yarn trick hanging from the ceiling (does this really work).

It might also be worth noting that this is my first attempt of a halloween party and their will only be about 20 ish people attending plus some children (i can and probably will keep the children out of the garage though).

Thanks guys,

JB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you have the perfect place to make a haunt but no money to fill it with goodies. Try and stick with a theme if possible. How about some scary music or sound effects. I would probabably make it a spider room. Glow webs are cheap and are a great effect when viewed under black light. Hang some spiders around the room. I'm sure there are a few hanging around in there already. Hang strands of lightweight fishing line from the ceiling. Make sure it's long enough to rub against your face when you walk into it. That will creep anyone out.
Get some dry ice from your local ice company and throw it in hot water.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that. that sounds great and cheap, i was thinking Saw 1, meets texas chainsaw masacre.

1,411 Posts
maybe a bbq - add some red Christmas lights to a bbq and then roast legs and arms.

Maybe a shelf full of jars with body parts and other creepy things like spiders, mice, snakes etc. If you take a couple of sponges out of yellow highlighter pens and stick them into jars of water the water will glow under a black light.

How about a couple of dead and bloody bodies (scrap styrofoam and rolled up newspapers) in plastic (large garbage bags or sheets of painters drop clothes) and wrapped with duct tape and hung from the ceiling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since the garage will be demolished it won't matter what you do to it. To keep it cheap I would take and nail boards across the doors and make it look off limits. Then a collection of flashing red, blue or green lights and a boom box playing weird noises or screams set up inside. Maybe whispering voices for the sound. I picture an old garage with the walls made up of vertical boards where you could see light coming thru the cracks. If that's not the case you could cut holes or slits in the walls to let light thru. Make up a story of a gruesome murder that happened there and have that as the excuse for tearing it down. Tell the story and only agree to show people reluctantly and have the lights and sound ready or looped. You could take an ax and chop up the door before you board it up. Maybe cut a hole in the back wall for access. If there are any windows, break them and board them up. Think gruesome murder crime scene and then do what you have to do...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had so many great ideas for this, i'm a bit of a prude as i'd rather have the party in the garden rather than the house to save anything getting messes up, so the garage gave me a chance to do something great. Anyway, news in is the garage will be gone by Halloween. I'm slightly gutted......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts