Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my wife and I are going to dress up as the hazmat guys from the child protection agency in Monster, Inc. Trying to think of how we could make the round eye portholes of the costume (see pic). Costume construction is something we’ve never tried before but I know someone here might have some thoughts on what materials to use, etc.

I had thought about carving them from rigid styrofoam and painting them, so that is one option.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,398 Posts
Plastic bowls? Bottoms of lightweight plastic containers that contain snack foods (thinking of Target's nuts/trail mix containers specifically)?

Frisbees or plastic dish with center cut out for the surrounding silver section and use hot glue (which can be painted - hit with spraypaint or use acrylic paints not watered down).

I would suggest heading to a dollar store and looking specifically in the toy sections and the cheap storage container/dish sections for stuff that can be frankensteined together. I know I've got bits and pieces in my junk that could make a reasonable looking substitute for those, and then attach to the suit by cutting small holes at even intervals around the outside ring and using color matched heavy thread to sew it on (you're not really expecting them to be see through right?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic bowls? Bottoms of lightweight plastic containers that contain snack foods (thinking of Target's nuts/trail mix containers specifically)?

Frisbees or plastic dish with center cut out for the surrounding silver section and use hot glue (which can be painted - hit with spraypaint or use acrylic paints not watered down).

I would suggest heading to a dollar store and looking specifically in the toy sections and the cheap storage container/dish sections for stuff that can be frankensteined together. I know I've got bits and pieces in my junk that could make a reasonable looking substitute for those, and then attach to the suit by cutting small holes at even intervals around the outside ring and using color matched heavy thread to sew it on (you're not really expecting them to be see through right?)
Great ideas, thanks! And no, not expecting to be see through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,398 Posts
Oh! Bonus if you can find clear plastic containers - paint on the INSIDE of them and they will not scratch up/lose paint easily and the exterior shiny plastic surface will look nicer effect-wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts