Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you prop guys out there. I am going to be the QUEEN OF HALLOWEEN this year for Halloween:D Complete with crown, and scepter and all that glitters. Anyway the other day I was looking through a catalog and I saw a little girls witch costume that had lights all throughout her skirt. I NEED THIS!! I mean the QUEEN OF HALLOWEEN should have a twinkling skirt dontcha think:rolleyes: Anyway, i was told I couldnt just put a strand of lights under there because it would be too much heat. So Can anyone give me ideas on how to do this. Im assuming I need a battery pack, but I have no idea how to accomplish this and I must have it! So anyhelp you can send my way would be appreciated. Thanks so much:D

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that looks like it could work!! Thanks I knew you guys would know what to do:)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I have one question. Now that I have a few places to buy the LED small lights battery operated....Is there a way to make them twinkle if they dont already do so????? Oh come one surely someone on here can tell me how to do that:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would get them at Hobby lobby. to get them to twinkle... sew them into folds and creases and put a layer of fabric that resembles fishnets. the open holes coupled with the odd angles of the LEDs will create a twinkle when you walk or move the dress.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Look here: Fire Skirt! Very cool effect on this skirt. If you search you will find other clothing items made this way. I keep meaning to do this.

Only thing is I'm not sure you will have time to order everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts