Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to finish up on this four bar prop. I test fitted a shirt on rotting ralph today. Problem is........... As you see in the picture, the prop will be almost touching the floor when not engaged. But I want to put him some type of legs so when it rises, it will not be just a shirt. Do I sew the pants to the shirt and just let them hang? They would need to be filled with something thats kinda bulky but flexible. Something that would bend or collapse when lowered. Any ideas? See attached picture..........

·
Registered
138 Posts
You could sew pants to the shirt...using a heavy wire like a coat hanger wire, to keep the circular shape. At the bottom of each pant leg, hem a heavy wire into each leg. Maybe even sew a couple batteries in there for weight. When the body raises, the legs should spread downward...maintaining an upright appearance.

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Dryer vent from any hardware store should work fairly well. It's lightweight, flexible, would give the appearance of round legs, and will fold up onto itself as the prop comes back down. Try the dryer vent hosing with the suggestion above about coathangers, and you should have yourself legs that appear as the prop rises! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
What's inside your pvc pipe?, if you start adding too much weight the pipe will flex, or even break. Could you adjust your prop so he is not so close to the ground. Looks Cool!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's in pipe

Thanks guys!! This is great advice. I hadn't thought about the wire and vent pipe. I'm not concerned about the weight issue. It's 3/4" pvc with a 1/2" metal conduit pipe going through it. I also added 12" aluminum "L" on the out side of the pvc where the air cylinder pushes up on the pvc. It's all posted with pictures here - http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/81724-four-bar-halloween-prop.html Now I just have to worry about Zombying all his clothes. I bought him the dress shirt and slacks at goodwill for $9.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts