Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out Theme is Classic Halloween and I think for an option it would be cool to have people dress up as what they did as a kid. They can also dress anyway they think of as classic.

We are doing Pumpkin Carving (We are supplying pumpkins and tools)

We ask people to bring a food item to share.

I have had such good feedback the past years from some word masters - Please help me again!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
What an awesome theme! Part of why I plan parties is to try and recreate my childhood feelings of Halloween - the transgression into darkness, the sugar high, the mischievousness- something, I wonder, you're only able to truly experience when you're a child... but doggone it if I don't try ;) . This theme certainly pays homage to the Halloween spirit, and sounds like a great way to reminisce!

As for your wording, I think a short, lyrical poem would be quite fitting. Something that speaks to jack-o-lanterns, and spookiness, and witches:
"When the bats like ghosts are gliding, witches soar, on broomsticks riding, jack-o-lanterns twinkle, grinning. Our Halloween revelry will be just beginning!"

A vintage Halloween image would be cute to add, or maybe an old picture of you in a costume! I now definitely want to host a Classic Halloween Party this year....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts