Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been given nine torso mannequins and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I can do with so many of these little critters. The theme is Haunted Carnival however I am happy to hear any suggestions.

In total I will have 11 of these - 9 girls and two blokes.

Cheers

Nico

Attachments

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Make your own carnival game - give the stumps a "cut-off" look, paint the torso to look like flesh, put some torn clothing on them...really make them look like the work of some sadistic, cannibalistic, exhibitionistic, mass murdering, carney.

Hang them from meathooks on chains in a booth, set up some piles of bloody baseballs, and voila!

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
My first immediate thought for Carnival was the game aspect. I'd probably dress them in some carnival appropriate garb but leave the neck area kind of bare. If they all look that the photo that's a great neck to try to toss a ring over for a ring toss game. Shorter necks might be harder to do as the ring tends to jump off, so those mannequins could garner higher points.

Since clowns typically wear those daisy flowers that squirt, maybe you can create flower buttons you can pin on their clothing with the point score shown in the flower center area.

Second thought was to add a styro head form to them, don a mask and complete with wig and hair and make yourself some carney workers that could man some booths. If they are right behind the counter area of the booth, people would never know there wasn't a lower body to them.

Forgot to mention I'm kind of jealous of your good luck obtaining so many cool torsos. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your ideas! I couldn't believe how lucky I was in getting so many. A shop was closing down so I just asked what they were doing with them all - they said take them, they're yours! I will let you all know how I go :)

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Freeeee! You are so lucky and smart that you thought to ask them about them and that they just want to give them away to someone who would use them.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
This might be too gory, but I would take some clear plastic sheeting, spatter it with red paint, and then use that to create body bags to encase each torso. Leave the torsos exactly as they are (no paint on them or anything) and then tie off the plastic around them and hang up in a grouping, much like cold storage for meat in a butcher's shop. Bonus points if you can make two rows that your guests/TOTs have to push through to advance into an area. Can dress them in clown outfits (just scraps not full costumes) to push the circus theme. You could also possibly wrap them in some sort of insulation foam to look like cotton candy bundles (but have the torsos showing through) similar to the Killer Klowns giant hanging cotton candy cocoons.

But I also really like the ideas suggested above of using them for carny games or dressing them in odd costumes and setting them up as carnival worker figures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts