Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to pick your creative minds if you all let me :)

We decided on HAPPY HELLIDAYS as our theme. We are planning to incorporate several holidays into halloween. We chose New Years, Valentines, Thanksgiving, Halloween of course, and Xmas.

Here is kind of my outline so far:

INVITATIONS:
Some kind of twisted Valentine card

FOOD:
Thanksgiving spread with a crooked twist

GAMES:
Twisted Easter egg hunt
Black Out New Years Evil countdown
Xmas gift xchange

DECOR:
Xmas tree a la halloween
Mistletoe

FAVORS:
i'm decorating little boxes that i will be hanging from the tree. I'm thinking of putting brownines in them.

IDEAS ID LIKE TO TIE IN:
New years resolutions

COSTUMES:
I'm thinking--Cupid, Mrs Clause, Pilgrim...
Husband is looking for a bunny costume (and of course he will scary it up )

*ANy suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thought about this, was hoping I would come up with an idea, but mostly just want to tell you I think this is a Cool Theme!

Don't forget other Holidays you might find an idea for such as Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Memorial Day, Vetrens Day, Labor Day Etc.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I love it! Sounds like you really don't need any suggestions at all! And, you can probably find all of your decorations at yard sales. Can't wait to see the pics!

Wait, didn't you already ask for help with this once before...?

Well, if you really WERE in need of suggestions or ideas... what about?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is such a cool idea! I think there are lots of things you could do to spook up a Thanksgiving-style dinner. I found directions somewhere for roasting a turkey with shapes on it. You cut foil into the shape you want and lay it on the turkey. Where the foil is, the skin won't brown, and you can make any shape you want. Just an idea for making your turkey a bit creepier! You could do a skull and crossbones or "Help" or... hmm... any other ideas? I also like the idea of sticking plastic doll parts (arms and legs and such) in the cooked food for decorating. Or serving something like yams with a large doll arm (with a good-sized hand) instead of a spoon!

The possibilities are endless, actually. How fun! Hope you post pics...

As far as New Year's Resolutions... I've heard of a game where people write down their resolutions and put them in a box, and you're supposed to read them aloud and guess who each one belongs to. Maybe you could do a version where each person has to choose somebody to write about, and they're supposed to write how they want to kill them. And the person they chose has to guess who decided to kill them this way? Just an idea!

-Karen

·
Registered
33 Posts
lol... just thought of another one. How about dead-decorated gingerbread men for the "christmas" tree? You could break arms and legs off before baking, insert little slivers of almonds for protruding "bone" and decorate with red frosting blood and pained little gingerbread faces (how sad!). Or do zombie gingerbreads like these guys:

Halloween Cookie Recipe and Decorating Ideas

The page takes awhile to load because there are lots of photos, but there are some fun creepy christmas-type cookie ideas.

-Karen

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LV- i did ask for help on this one but only a few days ago. I dont know exactly what i need. I guess if i just started to pick at my outline then i will be okay. So thats my next step... details , then if i run across any blocks, i will be specific with help questions.

karenlyn, thanks for the ideas...it did open new doors in my brain :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
We're planning on a "naughty or nice" theme this year for our garage display. The plan is to make a "Krampus" to deal with the naughty kids and Santa will be there for the nice kids. Krampus is a European creature (sort of like a devil - use Google for an image search) that beats the naughty kids with switches and gives them coal and rotten potatoes instead of candy. He usually accompanies St. Nich. on the eve of Dec 6th.

I found the neatest gingerbread cookie cutters. The are made by a company called "Fred" and are called "A.B.C" - already been chewed. The have bite marks in them, missing head, missing limbs- I'm hoping to Zombiefy them. (I just got mine from Ebay from a guy in Hong Kong)

I'm sure you'll have tons of fun - it's a neat idea to incorporate all of the holidays into one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts