Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My fiance and I LOVE Halloween so we've decided to get marrried on Halloween this year. :) We're going all out, costumes, decorations...everything. I was hoping to get help with my invitation wording. I want it to be different and would love some ideas!
Thanks a bunch!!

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Are you looking for "Elegant-Gothic-H-ween" wedding or more of a costume party type wedding?

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Congragulations that's just totally awesome. :)

I have to agree fontspace is great and you'll get the best selection there. Is your theme gothic or just regular Halloween? Anyway that's so cool

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations, I got married last year on Oct. 25th. We had a Halloween reception. It was great, we had a blast. Here is a picture of the invite I sent.

If you would like to see photos from the wedding go Wedding ceremony pictures by HelenZ1972 - Photobucket our wedding ceremony was traditional.

for the reception halloween wedding reception pictures by HelenZ1972 - Photobucket
My only suggestion to you is to figure out a budget and a plan, buying the props and decorations can get very expensive fast. The plus side is you can use them over every year, so it's not like your buying something that will be trown out when your done

·
Registered
369 Posts
What is your venue? Are you looking to go all out and do a rhyming poem for the invitations, something glib, or are you wanting to keep it a bit more traditional?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are going for traditional Halloween. It's basically going to be a wedding with a huge Halloween party. I can definitely find a font at fontspace...they all look awesome. As for the wording, I want the guests to know that it's Halloween all the way. So any ideas would really help me out. I need to order them soon.
Everyone will be in costumes including my fiance and I. We'll be dressing up as vampires. The venue is a normal banquet hall but we'll be decorating it with all kinds of stuff.
My only regret is we got engaged in Feb. and aren't able to take advantage of end of Halloween sales. We'll have to buy all the decorations online.
BTW, Halloween Junkie...your wedding looked like a ton of fun! Love your invites. Ours are going to have a pumpkin and bats on them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats to you both!! We had a Hallowedding last yr and it was a blast.....I still need to get pics up.......I'll try and do that this weekend. My invites are in a thread here somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. We were vampires also......GReat fun and everyone had a blast!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on the Hallowedding! I, too, am getting married on Halloween this year and I am having the same problem coming up with the perfect wording for the invites. I am having a traditional wedding at a church, to make my future mother-in-law happy with my colors being black, orange and white of course. The reception will be at a regular hall but it will be decorated in all Halloween theme and we are requesting that our guest come in costume but of course not required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts