Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large skull I bought. Ive been wanting to make a large grim reaper. When I say large I mean 10ft tall. I have the material and structure down not a problem. The question I have is how do I make wings for it. I want to put it on a pvc frame with a screen of some sort on it. I would like to use feathers on it. I dont if this is more of a question or more of a "hey guys what do you think" type of post. I just need ideas.....if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Someone here is already making wings for an angel of death. Might be in the tutorial section.

Get ya some cheesecloth and dye it for the wings. Lightweight and see through if you go that route.

I've always thought the grim reaper would have leathery wings based on a bat's wing/hand. That's just me.

Here's the link:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-and-step-by-step/137561-angel-death.html

·
Registered
238 Posts
One thing I will say is that with the wings i am making, if i were to make them again I would not have put down as thick of a layer of the great stuff to make them thinner; but wings are defiantly both fun and a challenge.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
If you want to add feathers, I would suggest using the fabric they use in latch hook rug kits. That will give you uniform holes in the fabric large enough to stick a feather quill through, and you can use yarn and the latch hook technique to secure them. Plus the fabric takes spray paint really well, rather than needing to dye it like clothing fabrics or cheesecloth.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where did you get the large skull? I'm looking for a couple and the ones on the Internet look more normal size?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts