Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone could give me tips with my Gemmy Butler. Found him at a garage sale two weeks ago for 10 bucks :D

Everything works...except his head. The motor works, and it tried to turn for awhile, then it stopped. The head/neck parts seem to be like other Halloween props. I was hoping some of you may have fixed a head like this and can give me some tips? Thank you so much.

Here is a pic of the prop, the head, and the neck. Thanks.

jeeves2.jpg
butler neck 2.jpg
butler neck.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone could give me tips with my Gemmy Butler. Found him at a garage sale two weeks ago for 10 bucks :D

Everything works...except his head. The motor works, and it tried to turn for awhile, then it stopped. The head/neck parts seem to be like other Halloween props. I was hoping some of you may have fixed a head like this and can give me some tips? Thank you so much.

Here is a pic of the prop, the head, and the neck. Thanks.

View attachment 206929
View attachment 206930
View attachment 206931
My butler just started having the same problem as BK, with head not turning...just makes a beeping sound instead...anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
299 Posts
The jack you have pictures of isn't the one for the head motion. That jack should control the eyes moving side to side. I think the motor for the head motion is located under the lower jack ( the one in the neck). You are going to have to do a bit more surgery to get there, and odds are it's either a dislocated rod or a broken plastic gear. Patience and some good plastic epoxy will probably get you through this . By the way, the negative contact in the head of your butler looks like it needs cleaning in order to make contact (do the eyes work?). That contact is the small metal plate to the rear of the little metal post. You just need to get something done in there and gently scrape the plate back to it's old shiny self.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The head movement is controlled by motor and gears underneath the head connection ring on the body. Remove the 4 screws that hold that in place and then try. Mine had the same issue, after removing the collar it turned perfectly. So that area probably needs to be lubricated. I am having difficulty locating schematics and sources for motor parts anyone know where I can get them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts