Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 'Party Fogger V-925' It was a pricey one and I've had it for YEARS. Well last year during my party it stopped working and we pulled the bottle/hose out and it had dry rotted into a million pieces. I just got a new hose for it, took it apart and it's not blowing any fog out (bottle is full of juice). It make a LOUD, terrible, vibrating BRRRRRTTTNNNN sound...

Any ideas?? My party is in a few weeks and I hate to spend money having to buy a new one when I could spend that money on more super cool party stuff;)

Like I said, it comes on, but makes a very loud sound and no fog coming out. Last year it was working fine until The hose fell apart.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like your pump is either clogged or the diaghram is also dry rotted, or the inlet or outlet is clogged...with the fogger pump running (without any juice being supplied), using a small air compressor with LOW psi (about 1 or 2), or even a can of compressed air, SLOWLY and GENTLY use it to blow into the inlet side of the pump. THose pumps are self-contained, so I doubt you can disassemble the pump. Your only option is to see if it is clogged or damaged. Then run some distilled water through it and see if it pumps steam. If not, could also be the outlet clogged or your pump is shot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ahh the well known (in the industry) BRRRRRTTTNNNN sound.

just kidding

does it make the loud noise as soon as you turn it on or only if you push the button for fog. Probably when you push the button. sound probably comes from the pump. check if there is some debris in the pump and if so see if you can clean it out

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, I didn't know how to describe that sound, but I'm pretty sure those letters work;)

And yes, it only makes the sound when I press the button for fog.

ahh the well known (in the industry) BRRRRRTTTNNNN sound.

just kidding

does it make the loud noise as soon as you turn it on or only if you push the button for fog. Probably when you push the button. sound probably comes from the pump. check if there is some debris in the pump and if so see if you can clean it out

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What nozzle do you mean? I hate to bother y'all about it. I can upload a pic of what mine looks like. I don't know any 'obsessed haunters' in my real life, so thought maybe my HF.com family could help a sista out;)

could be. try running some distilled white vinegar if that doesnt work you may have to manually clean the nozzle

·
Registered
38 Posts
first i would try the vinegar. nothing to take apart. Empty the fog fluid reservoir and fill with distilled white vinegar. then try to run it and see if it unclogs. if it does it will blow warm mist (vinegar) out the front. then empty the container again and fill with fog fluid and run. after a while it should slowly change to fog again.

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, tried the vinegar and I can see the liquid being pulled through, but it's got air bubbles in it, almost like the pump is have a hard time pulling it through. It must have a MAJOR clog. The machine sounds like it almost wants to work properly and stop making that sound, but it just can't.

I should also add, this machine has been passed down to me from various family members since about 2006 and I just asked and no one has ever cleaned it. Yikes! That's a long time without a cleaning!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,761 Posts
Hi Kallie,

I have a few cheap 400W foggers (and an amazing MEC 1200W fogger) and my 400W's go periodically. I initially tried the white vinegar and it has never been successful for me.

Here's what works for me:
Almost always I have issues with build-up or swollen o-rings on the pumps exhaust. If you can disassemble the pump. Be careful not too loose any small parts. At the end where the tubing heads towards the heating element most have a 90degree turn. You want to open this area up. (Did I mention small parts) Make sure you go slowly and memorize or record the order the parts attach (photos work well). Usually I find this area has build-up causing the problem. Clean the o-rings, the washer and the very small white piece that usually is in the end of the piston with the spring. I sometimes find the smallest o-ring is swollen and prevents adequate flow causing the problems. While the pump's exhaust is disassembled look into the void where the piston came from....there should be a small hole. Give it a cleaning it could be clogged as well. If after cleaning everything thoroughly, reassemble and if it's not working this is when I realize the small o-ring needs replacing .....painful to redo the whole procedure now just to replace the o-ring I know.

Hope this helps resurrect your fogger.

·
The Kitschiest Kitsch
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I'm a little scared to disassemble it too much as I don't know anything about that, so I called upon a friend of mine who's an electrical engineer (who can fix anything, I should add;) ) and he's gonna come over early next week to take a look and will probably have it working like new again. The good thing is, it works, I think it just has a major clog.

Thanks everyone for you replies! I had a lot of fun yesterday taking the easy stuff apart and messing around with it:D

Hi Kallie,

I have a few cheap 400W foggers (and an amazing MEC 1200W fogger) and my 400W's go periodically. I initially tried the white vinegar and it has never been successful for me.

Here's what works for me:
Almost always I have issues with build-up or swollen o-rings on the pumps exhaust. If you can disassemble the pump. Be careful not too loose any small parts. At the end where the tubing heads towards the heating element most have a 90degree turn. You want to open this area up. (Did I mention small parts) Make sure you go slowly and memorize or record the order the parts attach (photos work well). Usually I find this area has build-up causing the problem. Clean the o-rings, the washer and the very small white piece that usually is in the end of the piston with the spring. I sometimes find the smallest o-ring is swollen and prevents adequate flow causing the problems. While the pump's exhaust is disassembled look into the void where the piston came from....there should be a small hole. Give it a cleaning it could be clogged as well. If after cleaning everything thoroughly, reassemble and if it's not working this is when I realize the small o-ring needs replacing .....painful to redo the whole procedure now just to replace the o-ring I know.

Hope this helps resurrect your fogger.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
When white vinegar doesn't work for cleaning a fogger, there is an alternative you can try. Go to the grocery store, hit the coffee and tea aisle, and get a package of automatic drip coffee maker cleaner. For the most part, an autodrip coffee maker works virtually identically to a fogger, just with larger tubing to provide a higher flow rate so the fluid doesn't vaporize when passing through the heating element. The stuff works a lot better than vinegar and doesn't stink the house up.

One day I'll pick up a used coffee maker and try my hand at converting it into a fogger. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Kallie, this year I fixed my vei 935 with help from fellow members on the board. I had the VEI 935 model and the company I ordered from no longer supported the brand, so I had to start searching around for leads to a supplier for the VEI models. IN the end, my pump had failed so I was able to buy a replacement and now its gone from a heavy paper weight back to puffy the dragon.....

If you need to order parts send a email to [email protected], tell him the problem and if parts need to be replaced Gregg is your best bet. You can also get in touch with Rick at Haunted Fog, but he in turn had put me in touch with Gregg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
martinmc
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing