Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate to pick up a nice lot of Halloween décor; including an animated Gemmy Frankenstein, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKkxwzv048

I'd like to know what a fair value he is. I really like it and don't want to sell Frankie; but if he can fund a lot of other props, then I'd consider it. The one I have works great, it was previously used indoors one or two seasons, comes with the original box which is in good shape too.

I'd like to feature Frankie and add the song "Feed my Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper. I may have to do that at least one season; but I want to enhance our skeleton playground and pirate scene. Oh, it's tough.

I did check ebay and googled it; but struck out.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I was fortunate to pick up a nice lot of Halloween décor; including an animated Gemmy Frankenstein, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKkxwzv048

I'd like to know what a fair value he is. I really like it and don't want to sell Frankie; but if he can fund a lot of other props, then I'd consider it. The one I have works great, it was previously used indoors one or two seasons, comes with the original box which is in good shape too.

I'd like to feature Frankie and add the song "Feed my Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper. I may have to do that at least one season; but I want to enhance our skeleton playground and pirate scene. Oh, it's tough.

I did check ebay and googled it; but struck out.

Thanks for your help.
Great find! These are hard to come by these days and very desired. Last year this guy fetched over $1000.00 on EBay in used but perfectly working condition. I'd say fair market would be close to that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would keep Frank at any price, in my opinion he is the number one electric Halloween prop for indoors. He is so popular in our culture that he literally stole his creators name (how many times have you heard "he's not Frankenstein, he is the monster!" yet when you hear Frankenstein no one thinks of the Doctor). You can build almost any scene around him including labs, he has to be the number one selling monster masks of all time, he is legendary and mainstream (when someone creates a Frankenstein everyone knows what they mean), and he is a family man.

Frankenstein (5).jpg

Regarding your question I would be very hesitant to offer more than $100 for any used electric prop because I don't know how well its been cared for but that's just me. I would easily pay $300 as I did years ago for a new one, in fact I would go as high as $500 for a new one. But I have a phobia about "used" electric props. I would think someone might bite at $400 but for $1000 you might need to list it for a long time.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have been waiting for a someone to make a new Frankenstein. It's the only thing we don't have. I would be interested in it but can't afford $1000!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I find it hard to believe anyone would pay $1000.00 for him. I bought mine at Spirit for 50% off Nov. 1. I'm thinking his original price was $299.00. He wasn't the only one there. I picked up the animated ghostface that year too for $50.00 because they said he was only motion activated and phone didn't work. It worked fine when I got home. They got me back in later years with about 5 DOA props. In fact I now steer clear of their animated stuff because it's getting cheaper every year. Frankenstein is pretty solid. I also bought the original Gemmy cauldron stirring witch. They have attempted to remake her numerous times but it's so flimsy IMOP. I have even noticed the Wizard Of Oz witch the last couple years is not the same as mine. Same face and soundtrack but she lost quite a bit of weight (pole structure LOL) I have no interest in selling my Frankenstein regardless as I use him in my lab set up every year. My thoughts are though that a used Frankenstein will probably last longer than any newer cheap rendition they may come out with.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts