Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an obelisk stone with a large base. The base is cracked and there is an eye peering out. I wanted to think of a family name to etch vertically in the obelisk. I don't believe in wasting any opportunity for an easter egg or humor in any prop, so just "RIP" won't do. Some things I spinning in my brain. Most of them may be too subtle. No one would get them:

a play on R.I.P (R. Eye P. or somesuch)
Ocularis
Specks
Deeicehaveit
Bluttschott
Sclera (the white part of the eye)
Conjuctiva (the eye covering around the cornea)
Macula (he was a degenerate ;) as in macular degeneration. Or a play on Dracula)
Retina
Vitreous (the gell inside the eye)
Eisman (Eyes - Man)
Authors like Lovecraft, Stoker, King...
Opthalmos, Oculo, Occio, Ojo (eye in different languages)
Bird (Bird's eye)
Bull (Bull's eye)
Black, Eagle, Public, Blind, Roving (expressions with eye in them)
Beholder (Eye of the beholder)

I added a lot more as I was typing this, they all just came to me! But I'm looking for your ideas or your favorite from my list. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I had to choose one, I'd go with Eisman myself. Nobody is going to know the names of the eye parts, so I ruled that out right away. The rest just dont have a ring to them like Eisman.

Eisman 1847-1910 <-- I like it :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The local news was warning people about a peeper going around -- the typo in the text was they were looking for a "Pepper" -- LOL
Ok, I don't know why it's hard to come up with something clever, these might be lame but here's a couple more epitaphs for you: "Here's looking at you kid" -- or "I only have eyes for you"

How about a picture of the prop for some inspiration?

·
redrum
988 Posts
David Brian Stidham (August 13, 1967 – October 5, 2004)[1] was a pediatric ophthalmologist stabbed to death in Catalina Foothills, Arizona as the result of a murder-for-hire plot that stemmed from a colleague's professional jealousy.[2] Bradley Alan Schwartz, also a pediatric ophthalmologist, and Ronald Bruce Bigger, a hitman, were arrested and convicted for the murde

1 - 10 of 10 Posts