Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys are all very busy right now but I need some quick last minute help with my game.
You know how you send out more invitations that you expect to come? Well all of mine are coming! Plus my coworker arranged for 3 actors to come as zombies! And hubby can't say no when people ask to bring someone extra.
So, my original idea was to do have the guests do skits in groups and having to stay in the role of their costumes, in keeping with my theater theme. But with 40 people coming and this being such a small house, there's no way that's going to work now. It would be hard just to get them all in one spot to divide them up and explain the rules lol Worked well in the past with smaller groups of 20-25.
So, I need another game. One for a larger group. A game that doesnt need a group explanation and is more geared towards the individual.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MsM

·
Registered
246 Posts
if their is someway to get them all in one room. put them all in groups of how ever many. and then give each group a subject to talk about, but they can only respond with things that the person they dressed up as would. o_O

·
Registered
490 Posts
Have you considered Tempt Your Fate? You could be a theater spin on it and the consquence could be related to acting out different characters. Possiblying remaining in character for a designated amount of time.

Ex:

Sing your best version of Phatom of the Opera or

The Phatom has taken a dislike to you -- you must....or you will be his next victim.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat...
Last year we had about 20-25ppl, and this year its about 35-40ppl and the game i had planned for i dont think will work. Today i decided to try a different one. We played a human bingo a few years ago for my husbands bday party and that went very well. It was a big crowd and not everyone knew each other. I wanted to try something like that but perhaps with a truth or dare twist to it. So maybe each square will have a truth or dare on it and people who sign into the square are really signing up for the dare or for us to expose their truth. I dont know yet, i'm still thinking about it. I'm hoping my hubby can help me figure out the details tonight because its this Saturday! eeekkkk....

Good luck,
if you come up with something good...let me know...this is the only one i've got right now, so i'm going to try to make it work :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
you could make up nametags with a famous actor or even halloween themed actor, put them on a pin and attach one to the back of each person who comes without letting them know what name is on their back. They are then allowed to ask each guest only one question to try to figure out who they are. Seems easy and fun especially if you have a lot of people coming, and it could work well with your size party.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!

Gothikren: that sounds like a good idea, but what's the goal? Is it just to break ice with no winner or is there a winner and how do you decide who wins?

lbelle3: Human bingo? wow that sounds wild lol would love to hear more about that!

B Scary: Temp your fate sounds like a good game but I don't really understand how it works. I mean how do you get people to tempt their fates in the first place? And how do you follow through?

Halloween_Queen: There's no way I'll be able to get them all in one room. The rooms are too small.

MsM

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link to a thread that explains the Tempt Your Fate Game. Some have had balloons contain their fates, others have written on scrolls. I am doing the game this year and the fates are in box I making that has a door for a lid and your fate lies behind the door.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/party-ideas-experiences-recipes/70989-tempt-your-fate-party-game.html
Ok, I've read the threads on the tempt your fate game.
Your fates are going to be in a box. So when someone decides they want to tempt their fate they need to come to you and ask for the box?

I've been giving it some thought and came up with an idea. Not too sure how workable it is though. Since my theme is the macabre theater and guests have been invited to a casting call, I was thinking of combining the tempt your fate idea with a survivor idea. Would go something like this:

All the guests would get a card (same as fate card) when arriving.
Most of the cards would say that we aren't sure if they have what it takes to make it in the theater and therefore have to do......this or that.....in order to progress to the next round of the casting call.
The rest of the cards would say that they have been selected to automatically proceed to the next round. BUT to increase their chance at getting the role they can sniff out who their competition is and hinder their chance at proceding to the next round.

I would also put on the card that the task has to be performed at a certain spot and in clear view of the casting crew (Pieter and I already have black hoodies with casting crew printed on them).
Then towards the end of the evening, we would have a narrowed down (and obviously fun) group left over to do the orignal skit that we had thought up for the prize.

What ya think? Will it work? Any suggestions?

MsM

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ok, I've read the threads on the tempt your fate game.
Your fates are going to be in a box. So when someone decides they want to tempt their fate they need to come to you and ask for the box?

I've been giving it some thought and came up with an idea. Not too sure how workable it is though. Since my theme is the macabre theater and guests have been invited to a casting call, I was thinking of combining the tempt your fate idea with a survivor idea. Would go something like this:

All the guests would get a card (same as fate card) when arriving.
Most of the cards would say that we aren't sure if they have what it takes to make it in the theater and therefore have to do......this or that.....in order to progress to the next round of the casting call.
The rest of the cards would say that they have been selected to automatically proceed to the next round. BUT to increase their chance at getting the role they can sniff out who their competition is and hinder their chance at proceding to the next round.

I would also put on the card that the task has to be performed at a certain spot and in clear view of the casting crew (Pieter and I already have black hoodies with casting crew printed on them).
Then towards the end of the evening, we would have a narrowed down (and obviously fun) group left over to do the orignal skit that we had thought up for the prize.

What ya think? Will it work? Any suggestions?

MsM

MsM,

What a fun twist to tempt your fate. I think it sounds wonderful. Your guests should have a great time. Can't wait to see pictures.

As for my box, our theme is Rigor Mortgage - Surreal Estate and each guest is gettting a key to open the box. The "box" is at the bar which is next to the dance floor so we should have and audience at all times and the bartender is going to help oversee the game. I am hoping to have everyone participate at the same time but sometimes with that many people it gets hard to do.

Have fun!:D

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MsM,

What a fun twist to tempt your fate. I think it sounds wonderful. Your guests should have a great time. Can't wait to see pictures.

As for my box, our theme is Rigor Mortgage - Surreal Estate and each guest is gettting a key to open the box. The "box" is at the bar which is next to the dance floor so we should have and audience at all times and the bartender is going to help oversee the game. I am hoping to have everyone participate at the same time but sometimes with that many people it gets hard to do.

Have fun!:D
Thanks. So you don't see any loopholes or problems with the game as I described it? I'm not missing anything? Sometimes I come up with ideas too quickly and then miss something along the way lol That's why I thought it would be good to post it first for some constructive criticism :)

MsM

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks. So you don't see any loopholes or problems with the game as I described it? I'm not missing anything? Sometimes I come up with ideas too quickly and then miss something along the way lol That's why I thought it would be good to post it first for some constructive criticism :)

MsM
I don't see any glitches but this is our first year playing the game - you might want to PM OMGDan or RyaDread from the Tempt Your Fate thread. They both mentioned they'd played the game before. Maybe they can give some advice -- but I think it sounds perfect!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts