Halloween Forum banner

Help with cable

2276 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jbaum
Hello - I was hoping someone could help identifying some bulk black cable that I have laying around. I would like to add a 3 prong plug to it and use it as a extension cord, but am clueless on what is printed on the outside cover.

Here is what is printed:
ul c(ul) SJOOW 3/C 18AWG(0.824mm2) 105C VW-1 300v E215210 100281-001

I assume it means 18amps and 300volts but wanted to get some advice from someone that knows what they are doing before I catch something on fire. I would say that it is about 12'-15' long.

Thanks in advance.

Material property Font Electric blue Wire
See less See more
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
SJOOW = Junior severe service (300v maximum), oil resistant outer jacket, oil resistant interior insulation, weather and water resistant.
VW-1 = Passes the VW-1 flammability test

SJOOW 18/3 is three-conductor stranded wire that will take a maximum current of 10A. It works just fine for control wire, portable tools, or small motors, but I'd put a fuse on the hot end of the line so spike doesn't fry whatever you have down the line.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.