Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked on the forum before, I tried the search function, but too many results, not enough answeres, LOL.
Anyway, I need to make blood that will stain a white apron and stay blood red, I tried last year but it turned out pink.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try Karo syrup (corn syrup) and Black Cherry Kool Aid - If you make a healthy concentration and get it super dark, it'll stay quite dark on clothing....and anything else it touches.

Plus it's strangely delicious.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Another great option is to get some small craft paint bottles at Michaels, Walmart, etc ( $.99 - $1.49). Get a deep red and a blue. Mix a few drops of blue into some red paint (I like 2 parts blue to 6 parts red, depending on the intensity of the red), until you get the color you want. Then mix in a bit of water to get a runny consistency. Spread spatter and smear it on the apron and let dry. Add more if needed as it is easier to add than to remove it. That should give you a permanently stained apron, without worrying about getting corn syrup on everything. A bloody face print on the apron will add a cool effect too.

Eric
________
XV920

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bloody face print idea, I might have to try that! Its for a Leatherface costume.
Thanks guys, Ill prob try both ideas to see how they work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts