Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Terra's "beloved" is a very nice statue type grave stone. I think it can be found in tutorials. Another quick statue is a monster mud grim reaper.
As for a theme, I had trouble myself this year. I am just going with a old fashion grave yard. But I adding some of my older props to really fill it out.

Just a thought, you could try a "local legend". Make up a story that goes with your props and set it up like a haunted tour.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Spiders, or bug room.....you could have several victims...
Clown room
oddities room
Pirates
Frankenstein Lab, mad doctor

·
Registered
326 Posts
I second the mad scientist room - first thing I thought of! I'm a fan of this blogger's ideas.
Demented dolls room - a "child's" room filled with altered, creepy dolls.
Since you went with zombies last year, how about Vampires this year? Maybe a lair, or a crime scene?
You could turn the garage or yard into a haunted forest or corn field. This scarecrow is great, and spooky trees are always effective.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I also love the mad scientist lab or room. There are so many things that can be used. The Dollar tree grow things found in the toy section are great. They have zombie limbs at the moment, alligators, snakes, etc. During Halloween season they carry some cool brains, hands, feet.

I would also have something witchy. It is not Halloween without witch things---IMHO. Maybe just your kitchen area. I always toss some of the Dollar Tree body parts--brains, heart, ears, fingers, etc. into pans on the stove top or into a big soup pan. Make some potion bottles and drape some DT creepy cloth over the cabinets.

Vampire Room would also be cool. I am loving the Vampire Killing Kits or Werewolf Killing Kits. I posted some links in the past day or so to some really cheap scene setters and things for vampires.

Bats and/or spiders also make a great room. You can even make bats to hang from the ceiling.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Since you have many rooms available, why not do the Seven Deadly Sins? My outdoor version is still the haunt ToTs remember year after year, and gently nudge me (<--- understatement alert!) to bring back. I think it would have been even better indoors. I stole the idea from an Australian haunter who didn't have access to most traditional Halloween props, and he really pulled it off. Bedroom = lust; kitchen = gluttony; living room = envy, etc. Here's my Photobucket album of photos from that haunt.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm hoping both zombie babies and pirates (the non-Pittsburgh type) will be missing from view this October. They've just been so overdone.

I would have an escaped monster room. Build a cage with the front door broken away and have the sounds of an animal growling. Maybe attach some ropes to some furniture to make it move like something bumped into it.

Next I would do a spider room. Lots of webbing, jumping spiders, cocooned bodies, etc.

Next I would do a crow room. Make it real dark, with lots of crow calls playing on a sound system, and have six or seven crows with red lit eyes peering at people. Then have a couple of birds in flying formation hanging over your visitor's heads by strings running through ceiling hooks so you can lower them down onto peoples' heads as they walk by.

What also would be cool is do a reverse projection effect. Have a room with a window that looks totally normal, then the lights go out and you show the ghosts from the AtmosfearFx Ghostly Apparitions DVD play on a shower curtain mounted outside the window.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"help me! Help ME!"
Someone seems to be in some kind of trouble in the garage.
You walk in and there is a wheel off the car, a jack is laying there and a blood pool circles the front tire as a body lies pinned under the naked wheel assembly, not moving!
"Oh, we got here too late."
"I heard a cry for help."
"He's not been alive for some time."
Then he twitches!

·
Registered
183 Posts
"help me! Help ME!"
Someone seems to be in some kind of trouble in the garage.
You walk in and there is a wheel off the car, a jack is laying there and a blood pool circles the front tire as a body lies pinned under the naked wheel assembly, not moving!
"Oh, we got here too late."
"I heard a cry for help."
"He's not been alive for some time."
Then he twitches!
so demented, if you search "Scary Terry" you will find a how to for kicking legs

·
Registered
652 Posts
You can find a great corn maze how-to here and this thread has a great way to make imitation corn stalks for free. If you need crow sound effects, you can download some from here free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts