Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! We are having a gothic themed party this year, just basic black and red goth-y decor, black lace, purple lights, black candles and candelabras etc., an overall dark theme. We are pretty goth at heart, so it'll be a fun party for us to plan. I am having trouble with coming up with a clever name though. I'd like to call it a Black Celebration after my favorite Depeche Mode song but I am afraid our friends who aren't into the same music we are or aren't in with the goth stuff will think it is a black mass or something! Nothing against Satanism and black masses, but that's not what we're going for. Any help would be great! Here are some keywords I've brainstormed but still haven't come up with a good name.

macabre
carpe noctem (seize the night)
wicked
grim
ghastly
dark
sinister

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,487 Posts
I wouldn't be bothered by Black Celebration... it's all in how you set it up on the invite. Do it elegant and classy and they should get that it's a goth-y glam thing and not a drinking blood with the horny red dude. ;)

(and Depeche Mode is nifty!)

or something like:

Gothic Nightmare

Macabre Masquerade

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
How about Wicked Gothic Gala?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas! I think I will quote the song in the invite and use pretty scripty lettering and hope everyone gets the idea. Here are the lyrics I will use, in case anyone was interested. Maybe just the first verse at the beginning of the invite and the second verse at the end, with the party details in the body.

"Lets have a black celebration
Black celebration
Tonight

To celebrate the fact
That we've seen the back
Of another black day"

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mr_synical! That was inspirational and some of the names are kinda funny, like Midnight Mess. Here in San Francisco we have Bondage a go go. I love the name, the club not so much.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks mr_synical! That was inspirational and some of the names are kinda funny, like Midnight Mess. Here in San Francisco we have Bondage a go go. I love the name, the club not so much.

The problem with such clubs & the list is that Goth clubs get lumped in with Bondage clubs. But thats another topic for another day.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Inspired a little by Psychoclown's suggestions, I have one this morning...

The Bat-wing Ball

More to possibly come later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts