Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
So on Halloween night of all nights my hurricane 1100 decided to take a crap. Luckily I had a backup, but now would like to get it working again. I started the year with a distilled vinegar cleaning after the low fluid light was on even though there was a full tank. I got it working, but on the fateful night the light came on and it wouldn't pump. I contacted the company and although they tried to help the unit has been discontinued and hence no parts are available. Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix. I'm going to try and bypass the sensor as a last resort. I just don't wanna junk such an expensive unit. Can the sensor get junked up? I thought it was just the float in the bottom of the tank. Is there anything else that could cause the sensor to be on? I don't run this for long periods so I guess if I bypass the sensor I really wouldn't ever be wary of running out of fluid and damaging the pump.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have a Hurricane 1700. Are you talking about the filter fitting on the end of the pump hose that goes into the tank? Every year I have to remove the filter and put a 1/4 quick connect fitting on it and send 20psi through the line. This unclogs mine when it doesn't pump.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sry took so long to reply. There is a float in the bottom of the fluid reservoir that had a sensor in it. I can't get to it as it's too far down in it. I just cut the wires coming off the controller board and tied them together to close the circuit and walla, it works. I just have to be careful to not let the fluid run out and burn up the motor. Hope this helps anyone else that had this problem.
20191109_121630.jpg 20191109_121636.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The biggest problem with the float switches is the suction tube getting stuck in them. In fact, it was so bad that the manufacturer stopped using the float switches altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts