Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 55 gallon barrel thats plastic. I cut the top off and primed it. I have been looking for pics on here, but have not come across any on how to design the outside. I was hopeing for some input, my mind is froze on this one?:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
how about a toxic waste container like this one

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! That looks awesome Burja. I have stared at this barrel for a week! Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
no problem maybe some dry ice or a fog machine inside too might be cool. oh man staring at it for a week? well good luck with your design

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ever seen "Return of The Living Dead?" :D Here's what I did to mine...

I still plan to add a window on top with a zombie inside. Maybe a live one on the big night.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I saw someone do this in a 55 gallon drum and it looked good..........they left the lid on so it looked like it was bubbling out ........its just greatstuff spayed around the edge.............then painted flouresant green ............these are some pics of my cauldren I did Halloween Forum - theooggieman's Album: My pics
good luck

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bruja pulled up the same photo I used to make my toxic waste drum's skull and crossbones stencil. I got the fonts that I used for the lettering stencil from fontspace.com. They have a nice search engine - just type in "stencil" and select the font you like.

Below is the link to a photo of my toxic waste drum (which is also a fog chiller).

Halloween Forum - Demon Dog's Album: Perish Hall Cemetery - Picture

It took me almost two cans of paint to turn my blue drum into a yellow one. Someone else on this website (sorry, bad with names) had made a biohazardous waste drum that looked great and inspired me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks great! That was a student project? Looks like that would be a fun class! Halloween 101. I may have changed my major if that was offered when I was in school.:)

Here is what one of my students came up with.

Thanks for looking,

BHSFX

·
Registered
150 Posts
can

Thanks for the comments; should mention if you didn't know already, this is from a high school course. The only special effects program of its kind in the country at the high school level.

BHSFX

·
Registered
5 Posts
take the drum and in the bottom put a mirror on the top get a piece of plexiglass and tint it with mirror tint place it where the mirror side is inside the drum put a small red light in the side of it and it will make a bottomless pit when you look in it you can parshally bury it for more effect

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just want to say thank you guys wow great ideas and pics! I will post pics when im done. Thank you again!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know how to make an Ugly Drum Smoker... ugly drum smoker - Google Images

The whole process works better if you have a giant 50lb can opener/ de-header. :cool:

Burn it out really good with a wood fire. Drill a couple of holes in the bottom edge, insert 3/4 pipe, elbow, more pipe and a 3/4 ball valve. This controls intake air, and temp. Make a charcoal basket. Affix a rack about 2 ft from the top of the charcoal basket, and another rack on top. Racks from an 18" weber grill work. Use the lid from an 18" weber grill. One bag of charcoal + a few lumps of hickory, mesquite etc. will burn for about 12 hours. The "Minion Method" is prefered way to start the fire. It cooks long enough to cook pulled pork, brisket, ribs, atomic buffalo turds, home cured bacon or "sacrifice a chicken". Chicken goes on the bottom rack to avoid cross contaminating other meat.

But is it a Halloween prop??? Maybe not, but the feed at the end of Halloween night will be awesome.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is what I did with my plastic 55 gl drums I got from work.

Orange led rope lights
Black spray paint
GreatStuff foam
Orange acrylic paint

I ran the lights through the hole in the top of the drum down to a hole I cut in the bottom. Then I taped them in position and covered them with the great stuff foam.

My final plan is to cut holes in the top and add a fogger.

More photos in my album

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I remember a barrel in some movie (might have been one of the Living Deads) had a glass window set in the lid, and you could see a head inside. Could be a good scare as they walk by, look down and whatever you put inside suddenly moves or bangs on the inside of the drum.

·
the horror up North ...Eh
2,988 Posts
the barrel i made

this is the barrel i made a few years ago took pieces of styrofoam and glued them to the barrel to apper as plated steel rusting, added great stuff and the guy inside rotates on a bbq rotisserie motor , a strobe light and a fog machiene. painted it all to respond under black light
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
his was my version of the barrel prop. I made holes in the great stuff, so a green light and fog from a fog machine in the barrel would come up through the grean foaming slime.

I have to say the design by the students was outstanding!

Eric

1 - 20 of 30 Posts