Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new and will be having my fourth annual Halloween party. This year I am having one but find myself in need of help with ideas. I am doing Doll Island or what is actually known as Isla de as Munecas, but in my 5200 square foot backyard I know i have to create old creepy dolls and hang them everywhere. I also know that I am going to put a witches scene in my one big shed and a shack full of creepy old dolls in my smaller shed. I am also having a cemetery of the trespassers of the Island. I know the use of green and blue spotlights is a must, but after that I'm not sure. Realize, I am in college and this is an on budget party. Ideas or tips are greatly appreciated.I have some animatronics, such as a grim reaper that i'm going to glue a doll mask on to, and a ghost. I'm going to make a boat out of cardboard and i have two lifesize dummies which will be my witches around a fake fire cauldron. i only have one fog machine but i used the stryo foam cooler and ice treat for low ground fog. I'm also going to have six tiki torches on each side of the walk way leading up to the shack. I still need help though. it seems almost incomplete. And around that time my boyfriend and his friends will be coming home from a long deployment and i want them to have a nice welcome home Halloween party to come home to. I'll be serving food too so if there is only ideas for that area that's great too. Thank you :)

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Welcome! There are two other members doing the Island of the Dolls theme. I believe there is a thread here for one of them. I can't remember who that is, but the other one doing that theme is scareme. I just took her a large bag of dolls last week. She has dolls all over the place aging. lol

This is a really cool theme and will be great to follow. I am a witch fan, so you had my attention when you mentioned them. I am doing a Conjurers Consortium this year and have a thread for a lot of my plans. I started this for last year and ended up canceling my party, but have been working and buying all year. There is a link on my thread toward the end to all of my witch props, wizard masks that are being made into props and my fortune tellers.

Another great thread for witches is saki.girl's Gathering of Witches. She is already decorating and it is fantastic. Take a look around and jump in and comment and ask questions. This is a great group for support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts