Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the hub and I are having our Halloween party at night outside. An estimated 7-9 kids will be there, so we want to put together games to entertain them, and have them win prizes

I reeeeaaaally want to do a witch hat ring toss!!

But since it's at night, I need suggestions on how to successfully light the hats

in general, there will be lots of lights outside so that everyone can see and not get hurt

But witch hats might be difficult to discern

Is there a way to make them glow in the dark? What materials would I use?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
105 Posts
So the hub and I are having our Halloween party at night outside. An estimated 7-9 kids will be there, so we want to put together games to entertain them, and have them win prizes

I reeeeaaaally want to do a witch hat ring toss!!

But since it's at night, I need suggestions on how to successfully light the hats

in general, there will be lots of lights outside so that everyone can see and not get hurt

But witch hats might be difficult to discern

Is there a way to make them glow in the dark? What materials would I use?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Maybe spraying them with some sort of glow in the dark paint or putting glow sticks inside? We have been using black lights and items with natural fluorescent properties to really make things "pop." Not sure if your setup would allow for something like that or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Whst about painting a piece of ribbon with glow in the dark paint and then affixing it around the hat? Or u could try filling up 2 liter bottles (or water bottles if 5 he other is too big and attach those finger lights that dollar tree carries to them. If you can aim the light at the water in the bottle it will magnify it, then u can simply slide your hats over the bottles (which also might b helpful in keeping them in place should there b wind

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Put glow necklaces around the hats at the brim. or put them on plastic pumpkin bases. you can stuff the hats or like Dawn suggested use 2 liter bottles under them. cut a small hole in the pumpkin and run a light inside. should give you plenty of light under the hats

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Are you using witch hats that are made from that slightly sheer fabric on the cone? If so, you could cut a small circle out of the back of the witch hat (low on the cone part), and insert a battery operated light inside. The glow would shine through the sheer part, which would be fun!

Another option is to buy the clip-on lights that Dollar Tree sells - often book lights. They will work as mini-spotlights that you can clip onto the brim of the hat or affix them on the same board the hats are on, uplighting the hats.

Put the game under a tree and in the tree, have some lights shining down.

Drape orange, green or purple light strands around the game table or even around the hats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts