Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the cauldron mist system from the Spirit store a few years back and never really figured it out. Yeah, it works but does someone has a tip or secret to making it look awesome or atleast how to get the mist to rise up so it looks a bit more realistic?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
The mist is too cold to rise very much. The one that Spirit sells is a single transducer unit that doesn't make a lot of "fog". Multiple transducer systems are available, but cost $$$. If you are trying to fill a moderately sized cauldron you may consider using a 400W fogger with a small chiller. Try playing around with the water level to optimize the mist output.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm also doing a cauldron...was going to pipe fog into a caldron using a fog machine...wil the fog rise out of the cauldron?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Sure will, even with a chiller it will warm up sooner or later. I plan to use a chiller on my cauldron because the interior will be visible to the TOTs and I don't want them to be able to see the wiper motor. The cold fog will stay in the cauldron long enough between bursts to hide the works.

·
Registered
174 Posts
thats what i was planning on doing too...chilling the fog so that it slowly crept out of the cauldron and down the sides...gonna do tests on wednesday... should work in theory right?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
thats what i was planning on doing too...chilling the fog so that it slowly crept out of the cauldron and down the sides...gonna do tests on wednesday... should work in theory right?
The fog chiller pumping cooled fog into the cauldron works in theory and in application. It is a great effect. If you also have a light source in the cauldron, it will heat the fog back up, Try to use cooler LED or rope lighting. That will cause a few wisps of fog to rise like steam or smoke, while the bulk of it slowly spills over the sides. :D

Eric

·
Registered
174 Posts
The fog chiller pumping cooled fog into the cauldron works in theory and in application. It is a great effect. If you also have a light source in the cauldron, it will heat the fog back up, Try to use cooler LED or rope lighting. That will cause a few wisps of fog to rise like steam or smoke, while the bulk of it slowly spills over the sides. :D

Eric

Cool. Thanks Eric. I was planning on using some christmas lights.

I would LOVE to do a stirring witch couldron...but I would need a step by step guide on the mechanics...which I can't seem to find. I'm less experienced in the mechanical department!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts