Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! First time poster here. Please move if this is in the wrong spot! We are having our first Halloween party this year and have already started several prop projects found on this site: large cauldron, PVC spider, PVC body frame for my grim reaper, skeleton hands made out of dowels and foam, foam "Keep Out" boards for windows, full size coffin, among other things! My hubs loves projects so this has been right up his alley. Thank you for all of the great ideas.

I'm hoping you all can give me some ideas on what to do with this flag pole that's in our front yard. We kind of want to stay away from "hanging" something from it. Help! :D Thanks in advance.

flagpole.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would use it as a support to stack plastic skeleys...like they r doing acrobatics...wire them to the pole.
or stack some cornstalks against it and add a pumpkin head on top....like a very tall pumpkin scarecrow
sorry, could not find pix to post but there r examples on this forum
awesome to have this available to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have no ideas for you, but we have a similar flag pole in our front yard and are trying to come up with some fun ideas too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can always do a witch pyre, or something similar.

I am assuming hanging as in by a noose.
If so, you could always put one of those long hanging halloween reaper/ghosts.

How about something like the rhinoceros scene from the Jungle Cruise, except zombies/monsters instead of a rhinoceros.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Cut it up into many different lengths to make a haunted pipe organ. (Don't forget to cut the tips at an angle!)
Run it across the top of your haunt's walls , then use it for a speaking tube. The echo-ish-ness can sound scary.
Slide it across your neighbor's driveway with one end of it under the engine compartment of their car, then run your smoke machine, smoke through it to make it seem as if their car is burning! Are WE HAVING FUN YET!!??
Arrange some tombstones in a circle on the ground around the flag pole and make a Scary sundial by writing certain people's names on the stones. When the shadow of death touches the one with Your Name on it... watch out!
Then walk them around to the back of the stone , and show them ,.. it has "Your Name" on it!
The Curse Is REAL!

·
Registered
503 Posts
How about something like a may pole but with some ghosts dancing around the base. Something like the Grandin ghosts or other characters.

Grandin ghosts.jpg

Last year I took down the flag and mounted a large lit pumpkin on top. I had my husband attach some heavy fishing line to one of the flag anchors, mounted my flying witch to it and then attached it to my house. I had two skellys climbing the pole attached with zap straps. Fortunately my flag pole is telescopic so no one had to climb up a ladder or shimmy up the pole to hang anything.

This year I'm planning to keep the skellys and the pumpkin on top but instead fly my new witch flag - my old flying witch is getting a bit tattered.

witch flag.JPG

I also have the staked Halloween witches from Grandin Road that I bought last year on clearance - I may separate them and put them on my roof.

staked witches.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ooooh, depends on what angle you're going and how scary you want to be! I'd definitely consider using it as a 'stake' and go all Vlad the Impaler on a dummy.
I'd also consider using it as a brace for a rope 'spider web' of white roping which can be gotten for pretty cheap and putting a big spider on it. But if it were me I'd also consider going whole hog and making a PVC skele out of it, using the pole as a spine so you have a huge skele in your yard! Ahhh the fun to be had with a flag pole :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I like the giant Spider web idea. Easy to make and set up. A few large spiders, maybe victims, and spot lights...

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I picture humans using it to climb up to avoid, a creature below whether a mad dog, or zombie. You could also have human characters climbing it and a large cauldron below with head hunters or witches looking to boil them.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Three things come to my mind.

1) (Since we are all doing pirates this year) It would make a good mast for a ship.
2) The eye of Sauron from Lord of the rings. (A little foam and a spot light and bada-boom bada-bing you got the all seeing eye.)
3) Ax worth ghost ( I would run the line from your house, to the pole, then to the trees behind it, then back to the house.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now if you were my wife asking me that, its a very simple answer. Barring that, I think it's a awesome beginning of a pirate ship mast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts