Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP WANTED, submit ideas here:

I have these four plaster clay urn's that are just DYING to be used. They have been DECAYING on my back patio for quiet some time. I'm looking for a few ROTTEN souls to offer up some ideas on what to do with them. If you've seen my workshop (Halloween Workshop) then you know I have unlimited supplies that can be used (fog machines, color changing LED lights, skulls, skeletons, etc...). Just submit your ideas, thoughts, photos, videos, suggestions, so-on-and-so-forth.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
I have used mine for zombie planter, a floral arrangement with black flowers, spider webbing, moss, skulls, pumpkins and also used to hold a big plastic cauldron that contained a fire and ice light with fog machine).

Not my photos, but some good ideas:

This is more cute than scary, but if you can find mannequin parts, that could lean into the creepy side (especially if you stack them "creatively" with arms, legs, heads/skulls)...

Could also get some fake greenery and make creepy/sinister topiary monsters (pics for general idea).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the easy answer would be tombstones. Maybe you could even make some columns with them? Im sure others will have some better ideas
Each one ways about 15-20 lbs so I don't think tombstones would work. However I do like the idea about using them for column covers. I can make inter-changeable props that could fit inside them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used mine for zombie planter, a floral arrangement with black flowers, spider webbing, moss, skulls, pumpkins and also used to hold a big plastic cauldron that contained a fire and ice light with fog machine).

Not my photos, but some good ideas:

This is more cute than scary, but if you can find mannequin parts, that could lean into the creepy side (especially if you stack them "creatively" with arms, legs, heads/skulls)...

Could also get some fake greenery and make creepy/sinister topiary monsters (pics for general idea).

View attachment 731086
Oh hell yes, I could definitely see making a prop like this. A reclaimed tree branch, some metal wire, green duct tape, and a whole lot of plastic foliage from Hobby Lobby... Excelentttttt (as a press my boney fingers together with a devilish grin on my face)

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Now my mind went to using them more as is, tilted over and some broken in a decaying cemetary or church or other building facade scene. Add some moss and vines growing over them. I saw someone, probably on here, post some great photos of a long abandoned setting (maybe relics from Greek or Roman times? really not sure) and with fog and lighting and if you have trees to use, dripping with hanging willow type branches, a real creepy place to walk through. Go from there with other props or actors. Those are great looking urn planters and can’t imagine are easy to move.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now my mind went to using them more as is, tilted over and some broken in a decaying cemetary or church or other building facade scene. Add some moss and vines growing over them. I saw someone, probably on here, post some great photos of a long abandoned setting (maybe relics from Greek or Roman times? really not sure) and with fog and lighting and if you have trees to use, dripping with hanging willow type branches, a real creepy place to walk through. Go from there with other props or actors. Those are great looking urn planters and can’t imagine are easy to move.
I was knida thinking the same thing. Just aging them a little more, add some spanish moss and a few dead plants / grasses and dispurse them throughout my cemetery display.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You could just get rid of them. You know, mail them to us, or something. :)

Really, you have such a wonderful range of options. Our favorite would be to use them as columns for our graveyard. We don't know what you have for your haunt on any given year, so these are just suggestions that might work for you. These are things we found on the Net that we socked away for inspiration. Yours would work well with just about any one of the ideas. They would just have to be retooled to match the size of yours.

One of the suggestions I remember reading is that one of the folk who used it as a column topper visited Big Box stores near the end of the season and asked if they could have some of the dead plants they were going to throw away, and the store folk said sure. I've asked the same thing, and sure enough, they said okay. To them it didn't matter where they threw them out, and we saved them money since it didn't fill up their garbage containers.

One other idea if you really want to animate one of the vases, you could always go this route.

(You could even take a masonry bit and drill a small hole for the wiring to slip through and hide the whole thing on a pedestal like one of those above.) At any rate, they're wonderful and really do deserve to be rotting in front of TOTs instead of on the patio. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not sure how your papier mache skills are, but I see the base has a profile of a pumpkin already.

I would start with a beach ball and Stolloween 4 giant pumpkin heads that would hide a fog machine, light and speakers.

Maybe add some PVC arms to hold candy bowls for the kidos? :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
My thought is have souls rising out

here is an old post about them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts