Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this post seemed to get lost in the props section maybe here in the general post listing may bring a reply?

Last year, as part of my haunt, I set up a small table, with a lighted crystal ball and my sister-in-law behind to tell fortunes. The TOT’s lined up and some even came back bring their friends to have their fortune read! So as you imagine it was a smashing success! This year I decided to double up took on the swamp theme with erecting a large tent, the kind you see at craft fairs or on the beach, and am decorating and lighting it in a swamp theme. The Voodoo Priestess will not only have the same crystal ball as last year but also a special skull cup to rattle da bones to cast out and the read kids fortunes. All is well and good except my Voodoo Priestess of last year has bailed out on me at the last moment! Seems she rather go on some tacky dime a dozen Caribbean cruises to see if she pick up a seafaring stud. Oh well, so I now have a stand in Priestess but she doesn’t have a clue as to what to do or how to read fortunes. So unless you want to show in person does anyone have a website they can point me to as some type of tutorial for my stand in Priestess or can give me some good tips that will help this frighten but brave gal do her job as a fortune teller on Halloween night??? Help!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have her watch Pirates of the Caribbean - the second and third movies have the voodoo lady. That is what we are basing our voodoo walk through scene on.
That's what I directed my voodoo lady towards to get the idea of what we are going for. Of course, then you have to hope they take that and run with it and make it their own.
Our lady will not be telling fortunes though - just talking to herself and acting weird.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try picking up a book on reading runes - I picked one up one year at Chapters for $9.95 and it came with runes, a casting bag and a book to tell me how to do it. She could cram, or even use it during the readings. I have had readings done where my practitioner refered to the book, so I don't think there would be anything wrong with her keeping the book by her side. Maybe she could say something like, "Ooh, darkness is blinding my sight. I must consult the spirits" and then look in the book. OOH! You could even do up a special cover for the book and put "spirit guide" or "guide to the other realm" on the front as a cover or something along those lines so it remains consistent with the theme.

Let us know how it all works out! Post pictures too!

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how it all works out! Post pictures too!
Will do Mystery Maiden! Finished up the Voodoo Priestess tent today and with the lighting I think it will look pretty good. Then took of to check out a haunted attraction tonight about 30 miles from my house that I haven't been to in a few years. Had some really cool props I would love to copy for my own haunt if I only had that litttle things called money! LOL!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Spookzilla>>>>>I too wanted to have a small room with a gypsy fortune teller but once again this year we can't find any help. The gals at the beauty shop suggested I call the Red Hat Society gals & see if a chapter had some members that might wanna come help us out. I called the Welcome gals & they said>>>We're not into Halloween!!! and she hung up!!lol

But this chapter out of Lexington has plans this year cause they love Halloween but they may be helping us next year. SO I too was looking for the right gal to be the gypsy for the kids. Maybe we should run an ad in the newspaper!! We could split the cost!!

We had to scale everything back this year because we needed some help but just could not find anyone.....where are all those people that came thru my house last year & said>>>>>if ya need some help....call me........why didn't I write their names & numbers down?!lol

Muf

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe we should run an ad in the newspaper!! We could split the cost!!
If my haunt gets and bigger and more complicated I will have to run a help wanted add! My sister in-law who bailed on me is in the Red Hat Society! LOL! Luckily one of my younger sisters and her husband are coming for a visit and she has volunteered to step in. I'm thinking of making her a board with Rune symbols that she can cast the bones on and a index cards she can refer to along with the crystal ball to help cast her fortunes for the TOT's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts