Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I recently purchased a pair of Talking Cherub animatronics from Spirit Halloween's 2013 season.
They plug in with two cords; an ac adapter that connects them to the power source - and another that seems to be a 7 pin rectangular cable cord that connects the two cherubs to each other and enables cherub B to talk with cherub A. Without the second cord, only cherub A talks and cherub B is completely static.

My problem is :
I'm missing the 7-pin cable that connects the two props together. I know i've seen them before, but I've got no idea what they're called. They're used in other mechanics for Spirit props too, but I can't seem to find the name.
I've looked in google, but this is not my area of expertise haha
Hopefully this is in the right area and that someone can help!

I've uploaded the ports on both animatronics where the missing cord would connect!
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you can't find a replacement online (I never saw one) you could simply buy a packet of wires that have the female connectors already on both ends.

Here is a pack of 10 wires that are 12" long: https://www.pololu.com/product/1842. You can buy longer ones as well.

You just have to make sure that pin 1 on one connector goes to pin 1 on the other one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Similar to the above suggestion, these are ribbon cables 40 wide that you can peel off 7 for your use. The combo of M / F connectors can be joined together to get the length you need. Color coded wire to help keep the pinout straight from one side to the other.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It looks like that is a JST-XHP 7 pin connector. You can either buy the pin and socket sets and crimp the wires together yourself or you can buy the pigtails and solder or use crimps to add wire to make it longer. If you get the pin and socket set, you will need a specialized crimper for the pins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts