Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have a Spider coming out of my eye for my costume this year. I found a tutorial but can't get the legs to stay. I have a piece of material that has been painted (with nail polish) over my eye. Then I have Q tips (also painted with nail polish) that have been glued together with Loctite Super glue to make the legs. The tutorial said to use latex to attach the legs to the material but it doesnt hold. I tried the Loctite and the Latex but they wont hold. I even tried it on un"painted" material and it still won't hold. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m having an hard time picturing this with detail. Can you post a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why is it not holding? Is it pulling off because the surface is breaking away or because the adhesive isn’t able to bond to the surface?

You could try ruffing up the surface (nail polish) to help the adhesive stick if that is the problem. You may also want to try epoxy. 5 minute epoxy would probably make the bond and have a reasonable curing time, although it drys hard so it may be uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HauntedWyo and pjones. I already had hot glue so I tried that route and it seems to be holding pretty good. I guess the real test will be when I go to attach it to my eye. Here is a pic. I will add lots of little spiders to it to hide the material as well as having some around my eye and on my face. Hope it turns out the way I have pictured in my head. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts