Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, picked up a Gemmy Lightshow Illusion Projector (2018 product) that comes with 6 slides and finding all the slides are super tight to insert into the projector. Too late to return after holiday and do like it so wondering how to make the best of this. Also curious if others have had tolerance issues with their projector/slides or if it was just this unit's build or maybe my slides. These were being sold at At Home and Lowes and I have the white projection version.

Do you think the best route forward would be to try sanding down the plastic slides to make them thinner and if so being hard plastic any recommendations as to what to use to do this for an even result? I did manage to get one slide in but a real struggle to get it out. Don't think I need to remove much for a better fit.

Here's the projector if people not familiar with it are wondering what this is: https://www.gemmy.com/LightShow_IllusionProjection_with_6_Scary_Slides_p/220583.htm

Here's a photo showing the slide at insertion. The area I was wondering if could be sanded would be on the right and left edges of the plastic slide holder (the raised track). BTW after taking the photo realized that the slide in the photo gets inserted from the other end than what is shown, but grabbed a quick photo and primarily wanted to show the raised edges on the slide that I am wondering could be sanded.

·
Registered
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm sounds like maybe it could be a common problem. I'm kind of stuck having bought it already. Just don't want to have my slide stuck too ;). I really didn't think I was going to get the slide out once I worked it down in. The projector works fine and the effect is really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts