Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if I'm repeating anything that's already been covered in the archives (did a quick search, didn't see anything). :confused:

I am working on an idea for a door decoration and needed some help with the nuts-n-bolts. Basically, I want a skeleton hanging from an electric chair. Sound (electric chair), action (shaking skeleton), and lights (strobes that simulate electricity) all activated by sound/motion.

I would LOVE some help!! This is for an office-wide Halloween door decoration contest, started by Yours Truly!

Thanks!

Gavin

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
You could use a motor like this VIBRATOR MOTOR | AllElectronics.com and run it off of some batteries, I'm assuming that it will not be that big, so get one of those skellies from the dollar store, One of these for the sound 9V Recording Module - RadioShack.com (there is a hack for these if you want to down load directly or just hold it up to the speaker. as for the sensor you might beable to take one out of another prop.

Or you could just buy one Lab Series Bubbling Test Tubes I think I also saw some thing similar at Rite Aid. Not sure if its motion activated. But in the long run its cheaper and easier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, but just buying one is like cheating!! Way too easy!

I like the idea of the vibrator motor - I am trying to figure out how to make it all either work off one switch, or off one motion detector. I found this:
Commercial Thunder and Lightning
... which seems like it would do the trick in terms of combining the sound with the lighting, but I can't figure out how to tie the rest together.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was going to make my electric chair prop motion activated until somebody on here suggested that I re-consider and us a remote control. The reason was because kids will try to make it activate over and over and over again which could cause more wear and tear than it can stand. I thought that was a very good point so I went with the remote control activation.

I'm using a remote control system that was originally intended for use on a lamp or TV or something like that inside the house as a security feature. It cost less than $20 at Lowe's. I have my jig saw, plasma light and strobe light plussed into one short 3-way extension cord, that extension cord is plugged into the control box which is then plugged into the power source. It works like a charm during testing and hopefully will do the same on Halloween night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts