Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been looking around a little and just joined the forum. Every year I add something cool to my yard haunt. This year I want to add singing pumpkins, the one that uses the projector. I have two problems already, one I am not sure which projector to get (cheaper the better, not looking for movie quality as it will be used on pumpkins). I also been looking for the images to use.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Darren

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
I have the EyeClops projector by jakks Pacific (around $100), and it could definitely do the job. Not HD quality by any measure, but should be fine for pumpkins. It fits in the palm of your hand, so it could be hidden easily in the yard.

here's one on QVC: (where i got mine from.) Comes with battery operated speakers:EyeClops Pocket Projector w/ Speakers & Swivel Base - QVC.com

(Has an LED bulb [read:no changing expensive bulbs] and can hook up to any vcr or dvd player)

EDIT: I just looked at the reviews on that site, and i disagree with them. The projector is very bright (for halloween night) and is great for halloween use.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a singing pumpkin display for this year, but I think it would be cheaper for you to go the Kit74 route with the Vixen (free) program. If you wanted to get up and running fast, I will even offer to email you my Vixen sequence - it the "This Is Halloween" sequence for 8 pumpkins.

I have to go to Michael's today to get two more pumpkins. Then I'll only need two more!!! LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am completely enchanted with the singing pumpkin routine.

I looked at the LOR version but fear I might not be able to afford candy if I went that route lol And I do not entirely understand the K74 board. Is this the same thing as the D'Lights 8 channel controller? Would I have to like chop up extension cords to make the K74 work?

If I just bought an 8 channel controller from D'Lights would it work with the Vixen sequence to do the pumpkins? Or would I need other software?

Also do you have to use artificial pumpkins? I have lots of real ones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have double payne windows, and the one I wanted to use will not open. So I am back to the k74 board plan for now. I want a better projector for Christmas and if I buy this one, Santa might balk:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I always wanted to do this as well but I was unable to find the animation of the "this is halloween" singing pumpkin faces as well as the Haunted Mansion edition of it.

Anyone know where I can find them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts