Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there's already quite a few of you that know what is going on with The Haunted Garden, but I wanted to make sure I am reaching as many people as possible! The Haunted Garden has been issued a restratining order to cease and desist any installment of their display thanks to some halloween hating neighbors. They have a court hearing on October 15th to get everything resolved, as they are trying to fight against it so they can continue on for the children. Check out my video and the coments I left below on how you are able to help save The Haunted Garden! I don't think the nay sayers understand the commitment, artistry, labor, hours, and creative thinking it takes in order to bring something to children and their parents that will make the Halloween season what it's all about. Not to mention the cost of creating the elements within the display. Rania has put way too much work into the haunt to let it not be seen! The giant spider and her 18' witch have to make their official debut!

There's something magical about the display, it's meant to bring joy and excitement, and it creates memories for the children that they will always remember. The people involved put their whole heart and soul into creating a display that will captivate people and bring the spirit of Halloween back. It's not intended to offend or anger people, but it seems no matter what you do, you can't make everyone happy.

It's a shame that just because of Halloween scrooges, they are spoiling it for everyone. It's heartbreaking to hear that they are trying to get them shut down. Please help by doing your part to share, comment, like, and show your support to keep The Haunted Garden alive!!! If you would like to help support keeping The Haunted Garden open please email your positive comments and thoughts to [email protected]

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I go to court with ya if I could. I saw it on all the news last nite & said "HEY! I "KNOW" THOSE PEOPLE!!" Then I had to explain my imaginary internet "friends" again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I watched this story this morning on the news, and explained what was going on to my kids. They both rolled their eyes. My son told me, this is why he hates stupid people, and my daughter said something to effect of bet the neighbors a lawyer. It's pretty sad, I hope things work out for them.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
From the second article: "Within an hour on Friday, Montgomery District Court Judge Patricia Mitchell granted the county a temporary restraining order. It requires Kerr to send out fliers — using the same mailing lists she used to promote the Haunted Garden — announcing that the event is canceled."

Nice to see that we still have so many rights here in the good ol' United States...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I watched this story this morning on the news, and explained what was going on to my kids. They both rolled their eyes. My son told me, this is why he hates stupid people, and my daughter said something to effect of bet the neighbors a lawyer. It's pretty sad, I hope things work out for them.
Yep, he was a lawyer and made some ****** wording up enough for a judge to sign the paper. haha there's stupid people everywhere trying to ruin everyone's fun!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good Luck - I'm hoping this ends well. Its possible that a bad precedent could be set that would affect all of us. My .02 is to keep positive and upbeat and do everything to keep public opinion swayed to your side.

Is there an HOA in your neighborhood? If not, you may want to start one that allows for Halloween displays in the CCRs. I'm curious to know what the court arguments are for this.

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
I'm so sick of stupidity these days. They stop at nothing to try to shut down a halloween display, but not try to deal with a real problem because shutting down a haunt is more important. they day i get something like this at my haunt not only am i going to be mad my parents will.

·
Registered
974 Posts
To Rania - I hope you kick their teeth in (not literally though). I've read the thread and the comments on the attached links. More people are pro than against your haunt. As for the comments about the state of the garden - what a load of crap that is. You should see some of the gardens around here! Best of British luck with your campaign.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
Rania, I hope you guys get to continue your Haunted Garden!!!!! I have seen videos and pics of it before here and I just love the style, decorations, props, lighting...all of it. If I lived over there I'd totally visit yearly! This whole situation is ridiculous, and I wish you all the luck in your fight to save your haunt! I have posted about this on my FB page to help spread the word. This seems to be happening all over, from other Halloween haunts and even to Christmas displays!! There are way too many people out to destroy holiday fun, it seems, anymore...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I first read about this here on HF then this morning I saw it on Yahoo! I hope the story getting out there to more people will help her with the support she needs to keep her haunt up and running.

·
Registered
558 Posts
This is crazy. You go to so much work for the kids and a few noisy busy bodies have to try and ruin it. You pay your taxes and think you own your property but you never really do cause the system can tell you what you can and can't do. This is why we are building a house in the country, I DON'T LIKE NEIGHBORS.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
The story was picked up by the national news and is also in the top stories on Yahoo...

I really do hope they allow Rania to run her haunt. It's sad when an beloved neighborhood institution is railroaded into closing. :(

1 - 20 of 64 Posts