Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several of these small motors - Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

The site indicates the rotation is reversible, but I have no clue how to do that. Maybe it has to do with reversing polarity, but that is just a guess. Any ideas?

Assuming I can figure out how to reverse the rotation and automate reversing it, my hope is to use it to move a wing on a gargoyle back and forth.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Many (all?) of the motors that come on the xmas deer automatically reverse direction when the torque is exceeded. So if a stop is built next to the motor mount the armature will go one way, hit the stop, and then reverse directions. Same with these?

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
I would think you could achieve your effect easier by mounting an oval shaped fixed flywheel to your motor. Mount the flywheel at one end of the oval so that as it rotates the tip pushes the wings up(or down) and let gravity pull the wings in the opposite direction. No need for a control mechanism, though you would need to find a near balancing point for each wing.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,453 Posts
If you mount a crank arm, wiper motor type , you wouldn't need to reverse the motor. The wings would open and close without reversing the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts