Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one! I'm new to this forum & have always loved halloween. I always like to dress up scary on halloween some how & this year I want to do some type of Scary Clown. I need some ideas on how to make this costume. I was thinking of getting a set of White coverall's & spay painting some of the material different colors. Something like black & red, red & white, green & black, etc..... So if anyone has any ideas to help me make this costume that would be great cuz I am kind of clueless right now. Any other ideas would be great also cuz I want to look really scary! Any other things I can add to the costume like chains, blood, etc.....

Thanks for any help!!!!

-Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got the teeth, make-up & wig worked out already. I just need the main costume. Something I can throw together my self & make it look pretty scary.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What 2 colors would make this costume look scary as hell. Example: Red & Black, Lime Green & Black, Black & White, Etc....... I plan on spray painting the sleeves, legs & body of the coveralls 2 different colors. Like one side of the sleeve Red & the back side Black. The other sleeve will be vise verse like Black & Red on the back. Will do this to the rest of the body as well.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
OK, for the record I think clowns are scary before we get our hands on them. They're not just creepy, they're mean. Think about it--clown humor isn't very nice and the only reason they get away with it is because they're clowns. I'd say just make a regular clown costume. Part of what makes stuff scary is the fact that something that looks so normal, so average, so everyday can have an extremely sinister side. It's why mad scientists and evil butchers and psycho killers work so well. They start out looking just like everybody else. It undermines faith that the regular world--the part away from zombies, ghosts, werewolves and whatever else we drag into our yards each October-- isn't as safe as people want to believe it is. It's not just the obvious that is frightening and dangerous--even something as child-like as a clown [child-like? maybe in a Lord of the Flies kind of childhood] is out to get you. Because they *are*.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try cutting various colored material and sewing 'patches' on your costume...leave some half attached to look ragged...spray some fake blood in an arc pattern...attach some doll's heads or something?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to use paint on my face. I bought a blonde wig & spray painted it red & black. It looks like a mess between red, pinkish, blonde & black. Not sure what I was doing but oh well. Also bought one of these hats & not sure what I should do with it. Was thinking of cutting into it some how to give it a messy look with the messy wig. Any ideas???

Bowler Hat - Low Crown Derby Hat: Anytime Costumes, Costume Shop

For the clown suit, I purchased a red short sleeve cover all suit & spay painted black over it to give it a messy red/black look. I attached some 8"-10" small chains that hang down to it to give it a different look in the front & back. I have some red/white clown shocks that I am going to use on my arms instead & cut holes into for the fingers to pass through.

Any other ideas to help make this costume better???

Thanks!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts