Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a work in progress. I am new to all this but found this walker at Goodwill for 5 bucks and figured I would give it a try. He needs some help for sure. I am stuck trying to make his "guts" look like they are hanging down. Any suggestions would be super cool...
Art Mannequin

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Here is a pic of the one we made in 2012, I purchased entrails and painted them with red and purple paint to make them look fresh. I just didn't want to mess with GS. We attached the entrails to a board and mounted across the rails, his long shirt hides it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have a pic of mine but doing a corpse from a 5' skelly and putting guts in it I used red food coloring mixed with Elmers glue and painted a little black here and there first. I start light on the food coloring and take a heat gun to it so it bubbles up quite a bit and dries pinkish then add a lot more food color and some coffe grounds and it gives it a nice rot/bloody look to it once it dries.

·
Registered
244 Posts
GS guts are just about the easiest Halloween decoration possible. They always come out looking real. But for your application there's another method you might want to consider; sewing packing peanuts onto a thread then covering them with liquid latex. You'll have equally realistic looking guts but they hang and dangle in a more realistic way, whereas GS guts are completely stiff and don't move.

Here's a tutorial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.