Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this guy last year and the Jaw was glued on. It was designed to be animated so I need to hing it some how so I can replace the missing works.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem or have any ideas.
Image of skinny's jaw question 2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image of skinny's jaw question 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As you can see, there is already a hole to work the jaw through, and even hole for a speaker to be laced in side the skull just behind the nose area.
This is a full life size skelleton and I want to do something cool.

Thanks.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
Kinda hard for me to see.BUT can you trim skull free from jaw and drill a hole and put a zip tie thru it for a pivot?I used that on my skulls and they work pretty good.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about the pictures I just have a digital cell phone camera.
ZIP TIE.... that might work the skull is thin. the inside still has all the pegs for the works that it was designed for so I have toguess what was what. lol
Thanks

any other ideas?

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
How about using a "finishing" nail & drill a hole thru the jaw & into the skull.Then make the hole in the skull for the nail a little larger. Run the nail as a pin thru the jaw
into the skull & either use a little epoxy glue or epoxy puddy on the outside of the jaw to keep pin / nail in place. Kinda like a bucky skull........

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unlike the Linburg skull the area were the jaw meets the skull in smooth and not depressed.
I'll get a better picture this evening. I was thinking of a triangle shaped hinge or something like that.
again thank you

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK that looks like a great idea.
could I ask abbot the rod and tube (where you got them so I know where to look)?
was there anything special you remember about that step?

Thanks for the help everyone
please let know if you any ideas

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I got both at a local hardware store - they sell 2' steel tube and rod lengths. Most hobby stores should have them, as well. First assemble the rod/tube into the jawbone, then find where you want to locate it. Be careful when drilling the holes for the rod so the jaw won't get mis-aligned. You may need to Dremel out some of the plastic on the base of the skull to make a groove for the tube to sit into. Once you have the jaw positioned correctly, tack the tube to the skull with the hot glue. If necessary, hold the jaw in position while the glue cools and check the alignment before adding more glue. Be generous with the glue, you wouldn't want the jaw to fall off and gross out a TOT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts