Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but hey, that appears to be how I do things!

We have a big set up this year with a massive yard haunt with a( blood fountain, spider zone, graveyard, tunnel made from 'skin', and various spots for scaring throughout,), a witches garden and hut (atmosFX witch and ghosts projected in the hut plus the usual witchy stuff outside), a little kids area with glow in the dark and cutesy decorations.

I need help with ideas for the front porch area in the picture. The grassy area in front is where the witch garden is, the hut is to the right, kids section to the left. People walk in our front gate, up a path through or past the kids area, then wind past the front of the house, head to the haunt or turn through a natural tunnel through trees, down past the witches hut and witches garden and back out the gate.

Should I set up 'scenes' on the porch or just make it a decorated porch?
I was going to set up a witches shop (Apothecary style) on the left and then either a dining table with gross props or like a witches living room on the right of the porch. More like a display then just decorating the porch. I have a million props as I already had heaps and a friend and fellow haunter couldn't haunt this year so has loaned me her stash!!

People will be walking past the porch not coming up and they collect their treats from a witch standing in the stair area.
front.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know if you go scary or cute. If you have and extra skeletons you could set up a cute and fun scene. Something like the skeletons watching all the goings on while having tea or such.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Pumpkins on both sides of the steps would look great, spider webbing on the railing with a few spiders hanging over and I agree about the skeletons on the porch. You are so lucky to have such a nice front porch. A ghost or two hanging above the railing would also be good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@scareflying The skeleton idea really helped thank you! It helped me to decide to move all the witch stuff to the one place and just allow the porch to be decorated as a house, not with scenes!
I'll post photos after the event of our skellies having their tea and cookies on the porch!

@dbruner it is a beautiful porch, perfect for decorating!

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Interesting house structure. Definitely great for halloween. I love the idea of the house's residents (skeletons) watching the goings on in the yard in front of the house. Helps call attention to the witches area too while making use of the porch area. Look forward to the finished set up photos. Have a happy halloween!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts