Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, firstly, I'll admit that I have not dressed up for Halloween since 4th grade (I am now 22 years old). I just have not really gone to any Halloween parties, etc. or had friends that did.

However, this year a friend of mine wants me to go to a Halloween party and so I need a costume. I am completely clueless and am without ideas. I'm not a very creative person so that does not help.

Can someone offer me some good ideas that would be relatively easy? I do not want something too "out there" and definitely something that is comfortable to wear.

I really had wanted a Donnie Darko costume but I am not going to spend hundreds on it and I cannot make it myself.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I am a male, by the way.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My friends used to do a one item costume party. Bring a towel and say you are an alien hitchhiker.

Or do you need something that is obviously a costume? You can get skeleton suits similar to the one Donnie wore pretty cheap, or did you want the Frank costume?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friends used to do a one item costume party. Bring a towel and say you are an alien hitchhiker.

Or do you need something that is obviously a costume? You can get skeleton suits similar to the one Donnie wore pretty cheap, or did you want the Frank costume?
I think I should have something that really looks like a costume.

I would actually prefer Donnie's costume as I think it would be more comfortable than the Frank costume. But I still could not find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I suppose I would like something clever that is maybe just a tad humorous. I'm not really going for a scary/gross type of thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The easiest costume I've ever done was the Invisible Man. Just wear a hat, a coat and/or clothes that cover arms and legs, gloves, and sunglasses. Then wrap the rest of your face with a roll of bandages, and voila.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ok, I have another question, is there anything you are "into".....something that might reflect your personality? (i.e. you play instument, love polka, fix doorknobs, skydive, train chinchillas...anything)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have another question, is there anything you are "into".....something that might reflect your personality? (i.e. you play instument, love polka, fix doorknobs, skydive, train chinchillas...anything)
I'm pretty obsessed with Apple products (computer company, that is) - not sure if that can really be used ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like that idea Rikki! Wonder if lots of people would pick up on it? Then again I was surprised how many people caught onto my simple costume last year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could just do a Steve Jobs (jeans, black turtleneck) but I highly doubt anyone would pick up on it and then I'd look like I had no costume.

The iPod idea is good!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm pretty obsessed with Apple products (computer company, that is) - not sure if that can really be used ;)
There's a couple of good ideas there, like the iPod and the Mac guy from TV. And as a fellow Mac freak, I know you must have some of the Apple stickers that come with Mac products. If you used the "I'm a Mac" guy from TV, you could maybe reinforce the idea with one of those stickers on your lapel. The whole thing would work better if you had a friend going as the PC dude, too.

Or go a whole other direction with a drippy snotty-looking mask of some type and just call yourself a computer virus. (PC, of course, since we know Macs don't get viruses!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts