Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Hope everything is in high gear for this season, if not, already finished and enjoying the scares!!

I start building this weekend, but I'm stuck on one room that I don't really have anything for.

My theme is "Face Your Fears", and so far, i've got
clowns
spider's lair
body bags
butcher shop
doll room
cemetery
pumpkin sentinels or scarecrows
two drop panels/following eyes portraits/living portrait
infestation room (rats, roaches, etc.)

I've got a room between my butcher shop and a room with a large plexiglass window where I'll have bodybags sitting on boxes and a "killer" on the other side of the window.

I had thought of doing some kind of clausterphobia type room, with all kinds of thick cords or wires hanging down, but I'm not sure... HELP!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That claustrophbia room but in pitch black...can you do that? Only issue is idiotic cell phone "flashlights" ruining it. Someone should have a haunt with a big bucket for cell phones before people go in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How about cold storage/prep or a demented pantry for the butcher shop?
Maybe a fake entry between that and the "Killer's" area, with signage like "shipping/receiving/embalming".
Would create the kill>store>prepare> butcher scenario (albeit in reverse order)

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
How about a claustrophobia closet packed full of linens and hanging clothes. We added one to our walk thru last year and many people said they hated that room the most, which by our standards is the best compliment everrrr!! :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a claustrophobia closet packed full of linens and hanging clothes. We added one to our walk thru last year and many people said they hated that room the most, which by our standards is the best compliment everrrr!! :)
Trex, how do you hang the clothes in there so it doesn't fall all over the place when the guests are going through it? Do you have any pictures of this?

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
We took an 8' section of our old cemetery fence (made from 1" PVC) which has about 14-16 rungs and suspended it in from our garage ceiling. Then we basically made long body style pillow cases out of light weight blankets (like fleece). We added 5-6 brass grommets around the case opening. Then we stuffed them with lots of soft items, we had a set of old patio chair cushions, we cut up a couple of mattress foamies, and adding extra padding using blankets, old pillows, towels whatever to plump them up. We attached the stuffed bags using plastic cable ties laced around the PVC bars. I think we have about 20-25 bags in a 8 foot run? Enough so when you walk thru you can't see what's in front of you or below you really. You are just forced to walk thru a wall of stuffed, plush pillows. Oh yeah we loaded them up with Froggy's Mildew scent!! They were gross. I am afraid I don't have any pics because it is simply to hard to take a photo of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts